Malwarebytes 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed Malwarebytes is now on version 2. I was running version 1.75 and it didn't tell me that a new major version was available. I happened to come upon it on my own.

So, is anyone using this new version? Any thoughts. It seems the UI got seriously revamped, do the point where it took me a while to figure out what's what...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2455505,00.asp

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I don't like the UI. Put it on a rig yesterday and was like WTH??? LOL

Ha! That was my first reaction as well.

Also noticed that the Advanced Options are not editable in the Free version. One of these options is set to "Start Malwarebytes with Windows". Not cool.
frown.gif

2.0 looks like one of those viruses that are made to look like anti-viruses. I really dislike the new UI but the scanning speed has increased significantly.

Have been using Malwarebytes for a long time and bought it for our 3 computers. Upgrade to version 2 was free and there are several improvements including a marked increase in scanning speeds.

Program is well worth the money in my book as the paid version protects your computer by running in the background.

When you buy it is a lifetime license.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Town, have you found a way to edit the Advanced Settings in the Free version?

It says it's only available in the premium version. That sucks; you can't right click scan individual files anymore!

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
Have been using Malwarebytes for a long time and bought it for our 3 computers. Upgrade to version 2 was free and there are several improvements including a marked increase in scanning speeds.

Program is well worth the money in my book as the paid version protects your computer by running in the background.

I don't see where it says that on the Malwarebytes website. They list an annual license fee for up to 3 computers last time I looked.

I'm interested in using Malwarebytes as my real-time active scanner/protection anti-virus software now that MSE is on it's way out. I think at one time I saw it advertised for a lifetime license for like $15~20 but can't find that anymore.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: SrDriver

I don't see where it says that on the Malwarebytes website. They list an annual license fee for up to 3 computers last time I looked.

I'm interested in using Malwarebytes as my real-time active scanner/protection anti-virus software now that MSE is on it's way out. I think at one time I saw it advertised for a lifetime license for like $15~20 but can't find that anymore.

Did you not see my link a week ago showing it was on lifetime license was on sale for $14?

1.75 is only going to be supported for a year or so, so people may want to switch and get used to 2.0 now, 2.0 there's small issues there aware of and will be addressed in up coming updates.

2.0 has a much better/thorough scanning engine for detection.

The license are fully transferable to a new or different PC yes, just run there un install tool then re install on the new PC and re inter your key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back