c50 Boulevard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bike calls for 10w40 I was wondering how would mobil 1 racing 4t synthetic or valvoline 10w40 4t dino oil be in the bike. Bike does not leak or smoke. I'm wanting to use a 10w40.

Either would be just fine. Mobil 1 motorcycle oils are well respected.

Rotella T Triple 15w-40 if you're looking to save money.

If you are doing short OCI's then the valvoline, if you do longer, the Mobil or if its available the Valvoline 4t synthetic.

Either will work fine. I'd use the synthetic if you want longer oil life or if you'll be riding in hot conditions. In very hot regions I'd prefer an xW-50 oil, especially if your engine has an air-cooled oil cooler. (Humidity doesn't count for heat for machinery--only for critters that sweat, including you & me.)

None of them. Rotella 15w-40 is the best shared sump bike oil deal going.
I've found it lasts longer in service in my shared sump bikes before shearing down and affecting shift quality then anything else I've used including Mobil 1 4T 10w-40 and Amsoil 10w-40 bike oil.

C50 is a nice bike....800cc if memory serves.
I personally would go with the 15w-40 Rotella....but i'm no expert.
Cheers and enjoy.

if the C50 is similar to my friend's C90, the 'liquid' doing the cooling will be the oil itself thru a radiator-style oil cooler; my friend's C90 requires 4.7 quarts or liters of oil per change; he's settled on Suzuki's 10w-40 synthetic blend motorcycle oil made by SOPUS (Shell, Pennzoil, Quaker State) for the current and next oil changes; he tried Mobil 1 synthetic 20w-50 and didn't like the way it felt while shifting;

on the opposite end, my Honda Shadow 750 Aero is 'liquid' cooled with ethylene glycol based antifreeze/coolant and my oil sump requires 2.7 liters per change; I am using up a mixed stash of synthetic, synthetic blend, and conventional oils that have accumulated from the various motorcycles & scooters I have rotated thru over the past few years (Amsoil, Valvoline, Maxima, Shell Rotella T, etc in 10w-40 & 15w-40)

Originally Posted By: kmrcstintn
if the C50 is similar to my friend's C90, the 'liquid' doing the cooling will be the oil itself thru a radiator-style oil cooler;

The C50 uses proper antifreeze as cooling liquid. The manual calls for changing it at 2-year intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back