Downfall of society -- Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried listing things on Craigslist and I found the people it attracts to be weird to say the least, so I don't use it anymore.

If you think this represents the "downfall of society", you seriously need to look at your life's priorities.

Originally Posted By: JOD
If you think this represents the "downfall of society", you seriously need to look at your life's priorities.

I agree...it's hardly the downfall...just more evidence that the stupid will always be with us...

Originally Posted By: abycat
Im guessing not native to america

There are plenty of US-born citizens who couldn't write to save their own lives. It's a major pet peeve of mine to get an email from someone in their 40s who can't even use the correct form of to/too/two.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: abycat
Im guessing not native to america

There are plenty of US-born citizens who couldn't write to save their own lives. It's a major pet peeve of mine to get an email from someone in their 40s who can't even use the correct form of to/too/two.

Try working at a TV station and seeing misspellings we've created on the air!
mad.gif

The local newspaper is just as awful, and nukes facebook comments while silently fixing the mistakes pointed out in said comments.

Those are great!

My youngest daughter has a keen sense of grammar and spelling...too bad that she's too young for a coffee mug, or two...

Originally Posted By: JOD

It's craigslist, not your child's birth certificate.

As noted, there are many reasons why someone might have a problem with spelling or grammar, such as ESL or low IQ.
Could be he/she may have suffered a brain injury?

I find it strange that if someone had a Limp or other physical disability, we as a society, would likely consider it 'Bad Taste' to make an example of, or point out "Hey, look at this guy, he can hardly walk. What a looser!"
But if some poor soul has poor grammar, they are often considered Fare Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back