Downfall of society -- Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjk

Can you at least make an attempt to use spell check?

toyota 4runner sr5 - $8500 (Richfield)
2004 toyota 4runner automatic transmission

I'm selling a toyota 4runner 2004 sport editon 4.0l v6 140, 000miles engine very well conditions also its very economy gas mpg
Following
New tires
Custom wheels
Stereo dual navigator
2 set of Wheels I have the original wheel summer and winter
Tow package nothing wrong with this its amazing snow free to test drive or mecanic review I just selling this amazing car cuz I goint to move state. Thanks for looking if u interested call me or text at 6124834616 price 8500 accept fair offers cash only

New breaks and routers
wheel barrons
Buick LeSable
Cadillac convertor
Great thread on tires

Originally Posted By: abycat
Im guessing not native to america

Sadly, I see many people with Spelling and Grammar like this, not likely an immigrant IMO

Using the word "Conditions" indicates to me his primary language is probably Spanish.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Using the word "Conditions" indicates to me his primary language is probably Spanish.

Interesting, somehow I detected an Asian flair.
smirk.gif

Though you could be right, the "ch" sound is more restricted in Spanish and he phoenetically handles "mecanic".

At least he mentions something about the car in his ad and appears somewhat a straight shooter.

My guess is Hispanic. Richfield, which is south of Minneapolis, has a decent sized population there. The Hmongs that live here typically post grammatically correct ads.

Not to mention 'move out of states'. Hmongs tend to stay in MN...

Originally Posted By: abycat
Im guessing not native to america

I work with a lot of Indians (from India, not native americans) and they always use excellent grammar and spelling.

The ones I see with the worst grammar are the ones that went to a US public school.

For example, I have NEVER seen any of my Indian coworkers end a sentence with a preposition.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: dishdude

Interesting, somehow I detected an Asian flair.
smirk.gif

Though you could be right, the "ch" sound is more restricted in Spanish and he phoenetically handles "mecanic".

At least he mentions something about the car in his ad and appears somewhat a straight shooter.

You spelt phonetically wrong.

Originally Posted By: mjk
Can you at least make an attempt to use spell check?

Quote:
toyota 4runner sr5 - $8500 (Richfield)
2004 toyota 4runner automatic transmission

I'm selling a toyota 4runner 2004 sport editon 4.0l v6 140, 000miles engine very well conditions also its very economy gas mpg
Following
New tires
Custom wheels
Stereo dual navigator
2 set of Wheels I have the original wheel summer and winter
Tow package nothing wrong with this its amazing snow free to test drive or mecanic review I just selling this amazing car cuz I goint to move state. Thanks for looking if u interested call me or text at 6124834616 price 8500 accept fair offers cash only

Can you at least make an attempt to use the quote function?
grin2.gif

What difference does it make who wrote it? It's craigslist for crying out loud. If you don't like how the ad was written, move onto the next one or find yourself another place to shop for cars.

My guess is it was posted by phone. Craigslist has an app that allows you to post via phone, and often people type the ad the same way they text.

As we know, some very good mechanics have horrible social skills, so I wouldn't use that as an indicator of how the vehicle was cared for. Pictures as well as a meeting in person will tell most of the story.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
As we know, some very good mechanics have horrible social skills

And some not so good mechanics too!

"Buenas condiciones" is in a lot of Spanish-language ads, so it's most likely a little Spanglish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back