difference between ac delco rotors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to replace my front rotors on mu 06 lucerne cx. I want oem replacements.. however ac delco has three or four different variations and I don't know the difference between them

ac delco advantage
ac delco OE service
ac delco speciality
ac delco preformance

any suggestions??

Last edited:
Probably a difference in warranties. If you can look at them side-by-side, I suspect the more expensive ones have a better cooling fin design.

Hate to add another model but here goes

ACDelco Professional Durastop

These are the same as Raybestos Professional Grade but usually run about $10-$15 cheaper

I've been using the Raybestos rotors for years when I discovered this on a Ford forum and sure enough the box carried the AC Delco and Raybestos part numbers. On my wifes Caravan they were identical.

The Professional Durastop Front Ceramic Disc pads are excellent and a good buy as well

Sometimes more expensive rotors have rust protection on the surfaces that are not touched by brake pads. The other thing I see is that cheaper rotors typically show sand casting marks where the rotors touch the disc, whereas more expensive rotors machine those areas down for a better appearance.

I have never used any ACDelco rotors, so I don't know what you gain for spending extra on different grades of ACDelco rotors.

Fluke my Buick Century the advantages only have coated hats but the OES rotors are double the price and completely painted to prevent rust. I would imagine that the more expensive ones are slightly higher quality.

AFAIK The OE service line is going to be pretty much the same thing as what the car came with when new. Advantage is...well..it's one tier higher than Lucky China Box brand and should work well enough for most people. Specialty and specialty performance are meant for severe use.

I just went through this recently for an 03 Trailblazer. Advantage are the low cost, entry level line. I bought the Professional Durastop parts as the AC Delco website seemed to imply that they were the top of the line parts, however it may be that the OEM line is the top. As another poster mentioned, there may be a tie in between the Professional Durastop parts and Raybestos. The label on the box for the Durastop Rotors has the number 880019 in fine print with an asterisk in front of it, which is similar to the p/n 580019 that the Raybestos website recommends for this vehicle.
I haven't installed them yet however they look to be good quality. They were made in China if that is a discriminator for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back