Question on Amsoil Dual Remote bypass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here.

You can use whatever 3/4"-16 full flow filter you want. Ford FL-1A, M1, Mann, etc. Most have built in by-pass valves (in particular if your vehicle requires one).

No problem Pablo. Thanks. What I'm trying to determine is actual flow.

I'm assuming the restrictor only applies to the bypass filter, and that the spring valve bypasses both filters?

I've seen several of these but have never had one to toy with. I'm curious about the flow. Does it use a restrictor for the bypass or does it just rely on extra resistance of the bypass media to channel most oil to the full-flow?

David

quote:

Originally posted by OneQuartLow:
I've seen several of these but have never had one to toy with. I'm curious about the flow. Does it use a restrictor for the bypass or does it just rely on extra resistance of the bypass media to channel most oil to the full-flow?

David

David,

The dual remote has a spring mechanism inside it that relies on flow to open up. When the oil is thick and cold all the oil flows to the engine. After the oil is heated and thinned out the spring then allows a portion of the oil to flow into the by-pass filter.

This will insure that engine is not starved of oil.

You can go here to see a diagram of the spring mechanism(though its not a detailed schematic)
http://www.amsoil.com/products/bf_diagram.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back