Need battery - Everstart, Duralast or Diehard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Food for thought: Since your battery is not dead there is a good possibility that you can salvage it with a little work.

Although they are labeled as Maintenance Free Battery it doesn't mean you can not service it.

Pop open the rectangular battery cover w/ a flat blade screw driver you will be able to see if the electrolyte (battery acid) is low or not.

If low, top it off with distilled or bottled water, hook up your battery with a trickle charger such as Battery Tender overnight.

I've done this with my own cars & have always managed to extend the life of the batteries NP.

Last edited:
Personaly, I've had them all. They all work fine but, compare apples to apples and buy by price.

I have EverStart DT and MAXX
I have AutoCraft Gold and Platinum
I've had DieHard and DuraLast

All have performed as expected!

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I have Autozone Duralast Gold but only a year old, it has 3yr replacement and 100 months pro-rate. Bosch Premium at Pep Boys has the same warranty and at around $100.

+1 me too. I haven't noticed any problems with my Duralast. I would use it with confidence

I just picked up a Walmart MAXX 35N this morning!

They had (3) on the shelves so I looked at each one for the date code and picked the newest one. The one at the very front was the oldest (expected) and was made in March of 13' with a May recharge sticker on it. The next one back was made in April and the one I got was surprisingly, a July made battery (G13 code). Note, this is not the sticker they put on the battery when they check them... There is a serial number etched into the cover at manufacture that says when it was made.

So I got a battery I know that has not been sitting around for months and it is Johnson Controls
smile.gif

Put it in my xB and it fired right up... Comes with 3-year warranty for free replacement and 2-year pro-rated after that.

Now we hope no issues with it! Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
The MAXX at Walmart if manufactured by JCI is a very good battery and easy to get a replacement if needed. I believe its 2 yr free replacement. I do not look at the pro-rated side of the warranty if there is one.

This is us. We inevitably buy a few batteries every year. We now choose them by how long the non pro rated part of the warranty is.

Brand makes very little difference in our fleet anymore.

Originally Posted By: JethroBodine
Go find the AAP discount codes in the rebate section that expires today order on-line tonight and pick up tomorrow.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...;gonew=1#UNREAD

Agree. AAP batteries are excellent and when you figure in the coupon codes they are very affordable.

If no AAP near the OP I have had good luck with Auto Zones Duralast batteries too. The Wal-Mart ones have been bad news in the experience I have with them.

Originally Posted By: xBa380
I just picked up a Walmart MAXX 35N this morning!

They had (3) on the shelves so I looked at each one for the date code and picked the newest one. The one at the very front was the oldest (expected) and was made in March of 13' with a May recharge sticker on it. The next one back was made in April and the one I got was surprisingly, a July made battery (G13 code). Note, this is not the sticker they put on the battery when they check them... There is a serial number etched into the cover at manufacture that says when it was made.

So I got a battery I know that has not been sitting around for months and it is Johnson Controls
smile.gif

Put it in my xB and it fired right up... Comes with 3-year warranty for free replacement and 2-year pro-rated after that.

Now we hope no issues with it! Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone!

Well, you can't do a whole lot better than the MAXX from W*M! Unless you found an AAP discount code that allowed you a lower cost for one of their GOLD batteries.

When I got my 95 accord in 09, it had a wal-mart everstart battery with the receipt in the pouch. I replaced it fall 2011 and the date on the receipt was 2003...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back