Grease Lightning Engine Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a guy at Big Lots grab all they had of this stuff about 6 quarts, i told him i dont think that stuff works, his reply somewhat puzzeled me.
He said he knows it snake oil but he has over 400,000 miles on a Toyota Corrola that he has been using this product every 30-50 thousand miles and he sticking with what works.
Says he's using it in all his vehicles and wont stop until he cant find anymore to buy.

Go figure.............

That is so 90s, people pouring Engine Treatment into the engine. He should have saved his money and bought a good synthetic motor oil.

Last edited:
I thought the prevailing opinion was that PFTE was bad for your engine.
Is this stuff still put in engine treatments?

Ok, how about real world proof? Greased lightning is not "snake oil"! It is beyond anything I've ever used to save an engine that was ready for the graveyard. I had a 1981 VW diesel, over 300,000 miles. It was time to dump it, for it was pumping oil into the air filter, and not one product could save it. With a 23.5 to 1 compression ratio, it would take a miracle to stop the oil burning, pumping, and lack of power. A $4400 engine was out of the question. One fine day, after trying all products available to me, I stumbled on Greased Lightning. That same night, it was running as fast and smooth as when new!! 200,000 miles later, it hit the half million mile mark, still running so nice that I could stand behind it and not gasp from diesel exhaust! I don't need it in my new Toyota yet, but my 17 year old lawn mower is another that was saved by this incredible product! Don't believe me and it's your loss! -RDP

Originally Posted By: sunfire
That is so 90s, people pouring Engine Treatment into the engine. He should have saved his money and bought a good synthetic motor oil.

I miss the 90's. Back then it was easy to get a job to pay for all that oil treatments. lol

Sure, we would love to see your "real world proof". You got any?

Originally Posted By: Bobinindiana
Ok, how about real world proof? Greased lightning is not "snake oil"! It is beyond anything I've ever used to save an engine that was ready for the graveyard. I had a 1981 VW diesel, over 300,000 miles. It was time to dump it, for it was pumping oil into the air filter, and not one product could save it. With a 23.5 to 1 compression ratio, it would take a miracle to stop the oil burning, pumping, and lack of power. A $4400 engine was out of the question. One fine day, after trying all products available to me, I stumbled on Greased Lightning. That same night, it was running as fast and smooth as when new!! 200,000 miles later, it hit the half million mile mark, still running so nice that I could stand behind it and not gasp from diesel exhaust! I don't need it in my new Toyota yet, but my 17 year old lawn mower is another that was saved by this incredible product! Don't believe me and it's your loss! -RDP

36.gif

Hmm.. I thought PTFE had died out in popularity.

The hip-cool thing is Nano-Lubricating-Particles from the Planet Zorlax9. Just add to Gas and Oil for an instant performance increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back