gold eagle engine tune up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought gold eagle engine tune-up bottle,it says"guaranteed to quiet engine clatter" I just wonder what are people thoughts about it and has anyone use it in their cars? I was thinking to put it in my firebird,but want to check first,if someone has damaged their engine with "gold eagle" or things like that. Thanks
cheers.gif

I have seen "Gold Eagle" products on shelves at such fine retail outlets as Dollar General, Dollar Tree, and Deals. I fear the crux of their guarantee of quieting engine clatter is that it will just kill your engine altogether--thus a perfect silence.
frown.gif

I doubt that you will damage your engine. Its most likely overdosed motor oil. Its probably similar to SLOB or VSOT that is pushed here frequently enough.

I've bought Mobil-1 at fine retail outlets for quart. So, where something is purchased doesn't mean anything about quality. Besides the cheap imported trinkets, Discount retailers liquidate old stock, discontinued products, and whatever they get from auctions and business bankruptcies.

I found the MSDS for this on the web.

They are not saying what the "magic ingredients" are, but it appears that %80 of this stuff is good old hydrotreated dino oil.

Their websight says jack squat as well.

quote:

Originally posted by unDummy:
I doubt that you will damage your engine. Its most likely overdosed motor oil. Its probably similar to SLOB or VSOT that is pushed here frequently enough.

I've bought Mobil-1 at fine retail outlets for quart. So, where something is purchased doesn't mean anything about quality. Besides the cheap imported trinkets, Discount retailers liquidate old stock, discontinued products, and whatever they get from auctions and business bankruptcies.

I was being facetious.

Well,i put it in the engine few days ago and been driving about 200 miles, and clatter is still there.But maybe it starts to work later on after 2000 miles or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back