Auto RX Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after having two different threads locked on this subject I thought I'd add my most recent knowledge;

My sons '95 Honda Accord was given the maintainence dose, run three thousand miles, and is now 1,850 mi. into the rinse phase. He shows up today and the Honda hasn't used a drop of oil!!!
Prior to adding the Auto RX this car would use one to one and a half quarts every thousand miles.

Preliminary results, needless to say, are very impressive. I was able to do a compression test prior to the rinse phase, but not prior to adding Auto RX. There is one cylinder 20psi lower than the rest and I plan to recheck next oil change.

The history of this Honda is I bought it for my son at approx. 150,000mi., at some point it was over-heated due to radiator clogging. I had a very specific problem I was addressing with this car, which led me to the Auto RX choice. This car currently has just under 250,000 mi., and other than using oil is very sound mechanically.

I am well aware my results are preliminary, but I am encouraged none the less.

Isn't the 'maintenance dose' only a couple of ounces?
Imagine what a full bottle would do...

You are doing the maint. dose, but the cleaning directions. Interesting.

I assume you were burning oil and not leaking oil?

Auto-Rx Plus might even do better.

Keep in mind that the oil ring could be stuck but the other rings not stuck. Or possibly any combination of stuck & unstuck.

But the compression rings are what hold the compression in, and the oil ring scrapes off oil from the cylinder wall.

I would think that the first ring to be unstuck by Auto-Rx would be the oil ring.

So Auto-Rx could have unstuck the oil ring and thus you no longer burn oil. The compression rings could still be stuck or worn, etc. They may take longer. Not a lot of oil gets on them.

CarTalk mentioned stuck oil rings in a show a few back. Burn oil, but good compression.

Last edited:
Sorry, not the maintainence dose but one 12 oz. bottle in the sump for 3,000 mi., and now rinse phase.

This wasn't the Auto RX Plus, but I do have some on the shelf now for a future project.

Originally Posted By: roadrunner1
Sorry, not the maintainence dose but one 12 oz. bottle in the sump for 3,000 mi., and now rinse phase.

This wasn't the Auto RX Plus, but I do have some on the shelf now for a future project.

Pity you didn't run it for 6,000 miles. Anyway you must be mistaken as only Kreen really works......

Originally Posted By: sprintman

Pity you didn't run it for 6,000 miles. Anyway you must be mistaken as only Kreen really works......

Trolling.gif
Sprintman, please just let the man share his experiences.

GUYS, come on now I posted this info to be informitive, not to try to prove one works better than the other.

Quite honestly prior to me trying this I was in the anti oil additive camp, feeling that whatever came with whatever motor oil was good enough. As I stated above I had a very specific problem to address, a known over-heat.

Buying this car in late '06 I tried several different brands of motor oil, high mileage, hdeo, and nothing seemed to make a difference with consumption, until now.

This wasn't the Auto-Rx Plus

Congratulations on your results with auto-rx, don't know what can be gained since auto-rx is no longer available.

Maybe someone will start an Auto-Rx Plus Cleaning Thread.
lol.gif

" As I stated above I had a very specific problem to address, a known over-heat."

The problem was with the engine Over Heating?
Or had over heated?

Sorry I don't see a connection.

Originally Posted By: V8man
This wasn't the Auto-Rx Plus

Congratulations on your results with auto-rx, don't know what can be gained since auto-rx is no longer available.

Maybe someone will start an Auto-Rx Plus Cleaning Thread.
lol.gif

Perhaps if you read his first post.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: panthermike

Trolling.gif

Sorry, no humour allowed here

If that 20 PSI comes back to match other cylinders, that will be impressive. The best I have done with compression improvement was on my cavalier test car back in the day. I don't remember the exact numbers but I think it was in the 10-12 range that was the biggest improvent for one cylinder. I think the others were 7-9.

Please keep us up to date with how that low cylinder fares.

I had great results with oil consumption using Auto RX

See my post at PriusChat:
http://priuschat.com/threads/one-for-the-experts-only-oil-usage.111686/#post-1593067

Now at 120k and oil consumption still at around 1qt per 3k miles after 2 full clean/rinse cycles. I'm thinking maybe the drain holes in the oil control ring lands are still plugged.

ARX may not help much with sludge, but it definitely works on oil control rings based on my experience

Your compression readings should show whether ARX is effective with piston rings in general

Originally Posted By: panthermike

Trolling.gif

Sorry, no humour allowed here

I thought you were doing something else, my apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back