Best Oil for Cleaning Out Varnish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
ultra is really good at cleaning your motor and wallet

?

I can get it for $22.00 for 5 qts, with a $5.00 gift card. That's not a very good wallet cleaning!

You can always try a blend 50/50 PYB with PP or PU for a blend of cleaning oil. You'll get the great qualities of Dino and those of synthetic with the blended mix.

Originally Posted By: JOD
That's not a very good wallet cleaning!

...and there's no real-world evidence of Ultra being an effective cleaner.

If varnish is not an issue with longevity then why worry about it? My father-in-laws honda minivan has almost 300k on it. I can see inside that it doesnt have a bit of sludge but has a bit of varnish.

From Mobil 1.com via their 0w40 PDS.
http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_1_0W-40.aspx

Quote:
Mobil 1 0W-40 is motor oil made with a proprietary blend of ultra high performance synthetic basestocks fortified with a precisely balanced component system.
Meets or exceeds the latest OEM and industry approvals

Is chosen for factory fill in many of the world’s finest vehicles

Provides excellent overall performance

Has excellent low temperature capabilities for rapid engine protection at start-up

Has enhanced frictional properties that aids fuel economy

Delivers fast protection for reduced engine wear and deposits even in the most extreme driving conditions

Provides exceptional cleaning power for dirty engines.

Quote:
It provides exceptional cleaning power, wear protection and overall performance.

Quote:
Meets or exceeds the latest OEM and industry approvals
Is chosen for factory fill in many of the world’s finest vehicles
Provides excellent overall performance
Has excellent low temperature capabilities for rapid engine protection at start-up
Has enhanced frictional properties that aids fuel economy
Delivers fast protection for reduced engine wear and deposits even in the most extreme driving conditions
Provides exceptional cleaning power for dirty engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back