A good carpet cleaner ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, got a yukon xl and haul around 3 kids, so the stains in the carpet are gona be there, whats really good these days at removing spots in carpet? thanks

Folex is very good. Home Depot by me carries it. Oxy Clean works well, or you could get a little green clean machine and use a dedicated carpet solution.

The maintenance manager of my apartment complex gave me a bottle of Durkin KnockOut spot remover spray. I spray a tiny little bit on a carpet stain, wait a while, and when I go back to wipe it I can't find where I sprayed it. Amazing stuff.

I had some good stains in my living room carpet (it's white) from rolling in tires from the balcony to the porch.

I used a mix of dish soap, hot water in a spray bottle and a bit of vinegar. Sprayed a hefty mix in the carpet until it soaked in, vacuumed it from a bunch of directions.

Once it was vacuumed up, I took a few towels, stepped on them and soaked up the extra stuff.

Worked great!

Last edited:
Blue Windex, a bucket of water and a damp rag. Smells ok, low foam, cheap, and you might already have it on hand.

I find that the vast majority of carpet and upholstery stains can be removed with plain water and a microfiber towel. The third ingredient is a bit of elbow grease. If it is an oil based stain I use a microfiber towel and Coleman stove fuel (naptha) since it does not seem to harm the fabric/carpet dyes. I have seen plenty of professional carpet cleaning people carrying around microfiber rags. I buy mine in large packs at Sam's and/or Costco and they average about $0.50 each. No home should be without them!

Don't rely on chemicals keep it simple, get the Bissell Little Green Deep Cleaner, I got mine on craigslist for $40. This will get everything out no matter how bad, even an entire milkshake that's had time to soak.

All you need for particularly set in stains is Resolve Carpet treatment, spray full strength and let soak, of course remove any surface stains with a rag or vacuum first. Then use the Little Green with only hot water filled up with a capful of fabric softener to rinse and vacuum out the soapy water. The fabric softener helps make the carpet nice an fluffy when it dries.

I have Folex and the DG product below. I have not used either for full carpet cleaning, just stain removal.

For stain removal, the DG works better and easier for me.

http://www.duragloss.com/Glass-Interior-Cleaners/Fabric---Carpet-Cleaner,-Aerosol-Foam/19-oz.---Duragloss-FC-(Fabric---Carpet-Cleaner,-Aerosol-Foam)

A product called "Nature's Miracle" which is available at pet stores is pretty good for organic stains and odors. I used to use it for my dog's accidents when she got older. It enzymatically "digests" protein based stains. It was the only product I ever used that could fully remove residual urine odor from my carpets at home.

Natures Miracle is actually a blend of Bacteria in a nutrient solution that create enzymes to digest almost anything like urine, feces, milk, etc.

A great product.

Folex or ZEP High traffic cleaner. I like Folex for blood/urine stains and I use Folex for general cleaning. ZEP has a nice smell and eliminates odors and general cleaning.

+1 for the Little Green Machine. Nice machine. I will spray the product, scrub then use the LGM with hot water to extract the stain/shampoo. Works wonders. Try to get the automotive one (it heats the water and has tools for all the nooks and crannies that cars have!)

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Folex or ZEP High traffic cleaner. I like Folex for blood/urine stains and I use Folex for general cleaning. ZEP has a nice smell and eliminates odors and general cleaning.

+1 for the Little Green Machine. Nice machine. I will spray the product, scrub then use the LGM with hot water to extract the stain/shampoo. Works wonders. Try to get the automotive one (it heats the water and has tools for all the nooks and crannies that cars have!)

Best advice of the day. Pretreat with Folex, remove with Little Green Machine. I do precisely the same thing and it works without fail. Example: four year old mat never cleaned only vacuumed. presoak w/Folex and ONE swipe with the Little Green Machine.
Littlegreen002.jpg

After a few more swipes:
Littlegreen003.jpg

As you can see this mat is just flat worn out and the combination still added some life to it.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Originally Posted By: Bgallagher

Best advice of the day. Pretreat with Folex, remove with Little Green Machine. I do precisely the same thing and it works without fail. Example: four year old mat never cleaned only vacuumed. presoak w/Folex and ONE swipe with the Little Green Machine.
Littlegreen002.jpg

After a few more swipes:
Littlegreen003.jpg

As you can see this mat is just flat worn out and the combination still added some life to it.

awful purdy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back