Valvoline Maxlife 5w20 vs synthetics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I heard really good thinks about Valvoline Maxlife, apparently makes engine runs really good and smooth, and thats even better than some synthetics, any comments on this?? Im looking forward to use high milage oil...

Lots of people like MaxLife and I have a friend at work who uses it for 5k oil changes in his Ranger. If it is for the Accent in your signature, it probably isn't necessary to use a HM oil. I had a 2001 Accent that I drove for 5 years and put about 85k miles on it with just cheap Super Tech oil and filters. Removed the valve cover around 100k to replace a leaky gasket and the engine was very clean and I never had any issues with oil consumption or leaks other than the valve cover. Hyundai engines are very easy on oil. Save your money for timing belt replacement, etc down the road.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: fisher83
Lots of people like MaxLife and I have a friend at work who uses it for 5k oil changes in his Ranger. If it is for the Accent in your signature, it probably isn't necessary to use a HM oil. I had a 2001 Accent that I drove for 5 years and put about 85k miles on it with just cheap Super Tech oil and filters. Removed the valve cover around 100k to replace a leaky gasket and the engine was very clean and I never had any issues with oil consumption or leaks other than the valve cover. Hyundai engines are very easy on oil. Save your money for timing belt replacement, etc down the road.
smile.gif

thanks a lot for the info!!

Originally Posted By: wolf_06
Originally Posted By: fisher83
smile.gif

thanks a lot for the info!!
I have 118 km on my engine btw, close to be consider for high mileage i guess

Originally Posted By: wolf_06
Hi,

I heard really good thinks about Valvoline Maxlife, apparently makes engine runs really good and smooth, and thats even better than some synthetics, any comments on this?? Im looking forward to use high milage oil...

I would guess that the major brand synthetics (M1, PP, PU, etc) are better than Maxlife, but you can find motor oil that's advertized as synthetic that seems to be no better than Maxlife. I am guessing that Maxlife should be a good oil for 5,000 to 8,000 mile OCI, depending on application, and full synthetic for 8,000 mile or above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back