Q on Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a used one for a very good price on CL. With a new boxed Husky chain in addition to the one on the machine. I pulled the 2 nuts off the chain cover and the chain cover does not want to come off. I have moved the brake handle towards the engine but that does not seem to effect it. It seems hung up on the brake or maybe the sprocket. It moves, but seems stuck in the brake area. I looked at the manual and aside from taking off the 2 nuts, there were no additional instructions.

Unsure if I am missing something simple or if its stuck on around the sprocket. I managed to get it off enough to remove the bar, but not the chain. Which needs sharpening.

Does the chain brake "snap" on and off easily? If not, I'd check to make sure its actually releasing. Also if you have an inboard clutch, you might be able to see the c-clip that holds the clutch onto the crank, and pop it off and pull the clutch out with the cover and figure out why the brake band is stuck on the clutch.

are the drive teeth wedged in the teeth of the sprocket? If I remember correctly the huskies have an outboard clutch- are the drive teeth stuck in between the drive gear and the clutch? Usually, if you get the bar off of the saw, the chain comes off easily with it- unless it is wedged somewhere or its the wrong chain pitch...
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back