Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used it today on 1999 Camry. I bought it used 5 years ago and since I have NOT put it through Seafoam type of treatment.

This CCC was clear spray with yellowish tint. For some reason I was expecting foamy material but this has slightly heavy liquid form. The car was ingesting it with not much complaints i.e. it was running ok while I was spraying and did not have tendency to die. At the end of the can, I did somehow managed to stall it as I wanted. It was smoking during the application bu nothing like seafoam youtube videos! I buttoned it up and gave 15 minute before restarting. Started easily but would not idle on its own. I drove it around to clear the smoke which was pretty nominal. However, it definitely made a difference in running and vibration in gear at idle seems to have been minimized. The next experiment would be with seafoam before the next oil change as I just did one after this treatment.

Certainly no night and day difference but enough to justify $3.33 price tag of the can.

- Vikas

^Vikas, did you 'vigorously' shake the can before and 'during' ingestion?

That is a must for it to actually foam up UNLESS the 'newer' CCC is diluted stuff and the goods they keep in their service departments?

If it doesn't foam up, get Amsoil's Power Foam. Bigger can, Pablo can hook ya up and it does foam/stays foam spraying. Shake VERY WELL before use and off/on during spraying in.

ALSO!!! Soak it for AT LEAST 1 hour, hood closed, maximum heat/time soak and then drive to expel. Might get a good show then!

(I even soak for 90 mins as a preference lol)

Please, try this before next oil change and report back. Curious if ya get more smoke!

Please please no seafoam via brake booster, not effectively distributed to all cylinders, and via runners/IM @ TB leaves some risk, minimal 'soaking' of entire CC.

Think about it, it's a liquid that settles faster. You may as well run the engine to temp, pour seafoam into each cylinder with the plugs out, soak/plugs loosely inserted, then crank engine to expel(after a few hours), and start in clear flood mode and expel that way.

Foam cleaner used right is the BEST method...JMO though.
grin2.gif

Well, the gains seems to have been short lived. Frankly, I did not feel the improvement lasting. Today's drive seemed to not much different than what it had been for years. Computer may have adjusted some parameters back down.

I also have the expensive 3M DIY kit in my arsenal. I might try that before the next oil change. Eventually I might have to accept the inherent limitation of venerable 2.2 Camry engine. Nothing can transform it in to a 3.0 V6 Maxima engine :)

Well, no, but you could take a picture of your engine and have it blown up to poster size. Cram-a-lam a GM 2.4L in there to get a feel close to the old Nissan 3.0L in a package that will fit, and then you just glue the poster to a backing and set it on top of the engine for that OEM look. It's a bit more work than this but will probably be faster on the road.

Anyone have any experience with the "SuperTech Air Intake and Carburetor Cleaner"? It's an aerosol form.....and it was "recently" renamed with the addition of the "Air Intake" part....for use in "Fuel Injected" air intakes, etc.....no idea if they changed the ingredients or not.....but I was shopping last night at WM and saw the various Carb/Air Intake products....and was kind of bland....loads of in-tank products.....but the only aerosols were the GumOut which SPECIFICALLY STATES to not use in Fuel Injected "machines" and to use an intake-solution instead....?

So....basically it's for "classics" and lawn mowers :p Yet it's over in the auto department :p

So the other option was the ST Air Intake Cleaner......I was curious though, cause this stuff says to NOT use with the engine running......basically you spray the [censored] out of the intake, then run it like you stole it.....but they don't advise running the engine.....

I was concemplating getting a long straw device, similar to that of the Sea Foam aerosol deal, and button it up into the air intake "boot", have a friend adjust the RPMs while I dump it into the air cleaner.....just don't like the idea of running the engine "wide open".....and perhaps THAT is why the directions state to not use the product with the engine ON?
smile.gif
Since it would involve having an effective "air intake leak"....?

^Not the same type of product, you will stall the engine more easily by flooding the cylinders with liquid solvent. This is why TB (aka, 'intake') cleaning done with the least amount of chemical is best.

Top-end cleaning is different. It's a "CCC" you want.

Do not use that product. Please, do yourself a favor and get something that will actually foam up when used as directed...

In general, the difference between a carb cleaner and an intake cleaner is that intake cleaner is specifically designed NOT to damage the coating which is present on some of the throttle bodies. I too am disappointed at the variety of TB cleaners available at Walmart. Given a choice, I would not hesitate to pick up TB cleaner made by CRC Industries. CRC Industries is like a mini version of 3M i.e. any product made by them is usually top of the class. Neither of the companies make junk products in any category. Stick with 3M or CRC for your automotive chemical needs and you will NOT go wrong. I am sure you can find better products than them but then you will have to do lot of research.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
In general, the difference between a carb cleaner and an intake cleaner is that intake cleaner is specifically designed NOT to damage the coating which is present on some of the throttle bodies. I too am disappointed at the variety of TB cleaners available at Walmart. Given a choice, I would not hesitate to pick up TB cleaner made by CRC Industries. CRC Industries is like a mini version of 3M i.e. any product made by them is usually top of the class. Neither of the companies make junk products in any category. Stick with 3M or CRC for your automotive chemical needs and you will NOT go wrong. I am sure you can find better products than them but then you will have to do lot of research.

x2

CRC and 3M are definitely trustworthy products and you won't go wrong using them as the manufacturer directs.

Unfortunately many times (especially 3M) items are much harder to find than the [censored] stuff, that are high margin JUNK that often times are worthless or could even be damaging to your car.

shop3m generally has fair prices and fair shipping. In the past, they used to have some killer deals but I have not seen similar bargains in last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back