Fuel system cleaner for new car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Is it bad that whenever i'm in pep boys, i'll take a look at the Redline SI-1 and Techron and try to reason with myself that my Jetta with less than 9000 miles could benefit from me purchasing it!!!!!!!!

grin2.gif
grin2.gif
grin2.gif

I just laugh at myself for even considering it! Darn you BITOG!!!

But man! I can't wait until I hit 30K so I can use some fuel system cleaner!!! lol

The study I posted up said that carbon can reach an equillibrium and maximum level between 18k and 28k.

So prevention is actually quite important.

Last edited:
I have a DI engine and started using PI and I have a couple redlines on the way as well. With all the deposits that could form with DI I'm not taking any chances and doing what I can to prevent them. I started using it at 10k.

What's up with the yellow writing?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: volk06
I have a DI engine and started using PI and I have a couple redlines on the way as well. With all the deposits that could form with DI I'm not taking any chances and doing what I can to prevent them. I started using it at 10k.

What's up with the yellow writing?

Yea, with DI, that makes sense.

Yellow writing=joke

Except that in DI engines the deposits are forming in places where fuel does not reach so using a fuel additive does nothing to help the situation.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Except that in DI engines the deposits are forming in places where fuel does not reach so using a fuel additive does nothing to help the situation.

http://www.bgfueltest.com/

I know that is marketing at work but if the pics are accurate a high PEA cleaner could be beneficial.

http://www.bgfueltest.com/

I know that is marketing at work but if the pics are accurate a high PEA cleaner could be beneficial.

Did you miss this part?

Quote:
The conclusion from the two-year test was that BG 44K® can help keep performance high (combustion chambers clean, injectors clean), until deposit formation on the ports/intake valves built up enough to affect airflow.

Last edited:
MY Ford Explorer is 12.5 years old and has 240KM on it and never seen any fuel cleaners. I pass my e-test with flying colors and very low numbers. Engine runs great. I wonder how much money I have saved by not using Techron for all these years?
happy2.gif

Last edited:
I did see that so I'm hoping not to let the build up get to that point. I also just use samsclub gas and am not sure if this top tier so I just run a bottle through every 5k.

As content as you are with your cars success (congrats btw, honestly) the amount of money you could have saved in gas had you used a proper FSC, is most assuredly astronomical. I am glad you believe yourself to be right, but sadly if I agreed with you, we would both be incorrect.

I did see that so I'm hoping not to let the build up get to that point. I also just use samsclub gas and am not sure if this top tier so I just run a bottle through every 5k.

What do you mean? What are you doing to prevent it, besides hoping? IMO, hope is not a good enough strategy.

The $10 gift card rebate from the O'Reiley's Mobil deal will be used for Redline fuel system cleaner in my Odyssey. Short tripper should see a benefit...

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

What do you mean? What are you doing to prevent it, besides hoping? IMO, hope is not a good enough strategy.

What else can you possibly do for a DI engine to prevent deposits besides the small chance some PEA will make it to the deposits? If you do know please do tell.

Last edited:

What else can you possibly do for a DI engine to prevent deposits besides the small chance some PEA will make it to the deposits? If you do know please do tell.

You would think that some of the atomized fuel spray might find its way to those deposits if it did it doesn't take much PEA detergent to start cleaning the heat is what helps the detergent to break up the carbon and move it away.

I'd love to see an SAE paper on this topic does anyone know where one concerning DI engine deposits can be found on the net?

Originally Posted By: The_Intimidator
As content as you are with your cars success (congrats btw, honestly) the amount of money you could have saved in gas had you used a proper FSC, is most assuredly astronomical. I am glad you believe yourself to be right, but sadly if I agreed with you, we would both be incorrect.

+100. My car passed the emissions test by a long long way. Still made a huge difference to it when I added a PEA cleaner for the first time. Power and mpg went up noticeably. The investment in the cleaner was paid back after 3 tanks.

Use low-SAPs, low Noack oil.

My new car is not DI and im kinda glad. I Was thinking that a fuel system cleaner would be needed on a DI car and it might have better luck cleaning the CC. But the only way to clean the valves besides dissasembly would be to introduce a cleaner behind the throttle body. Is that safe for new cars? and would that be enough to clean them up?

Use low-SAPs, low Noack oil.

Currently running full synthetic and the engine has not burned any oil during my oci. What brand of full syn is a low saps that is regularly available?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back