Better filter Hastings or Baldwin? Or the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about using one or the other.Both brands avaliable from Grainger Ind. Supply for reasonable price and can get locally.I have used Hastings years ago and were good filters don't know anything about Baldwin other than some on here like them,i need some input from regular users of the two brands please.

Use either, they are both made in the Baldwin plant and are just marketed differently. Hastings is aimed at automotive and Baldwin is aimed at commercial/heavy equipment/industrial.

I prefer Baldwin Red to plain white.

Originally Posted By: 4ever4d
Thinking about using one or the other.Both brands avaliable from Grainger Ind. Supply for reasonable price and can get locally.I have used Hastings years ago and were good filters don't know anything about Baldwin other than some on here like them,i need some input from regular users of the two brands please.

I use some Hastings oil filters and taken many apart they are a very solid built filer probably the best I have seen, no one other filter manufacture tops the spring they use in the dome end of the filter. I believe Baldwin is the same quality as Hastings.

Toto.
IMG00309.jpg

The Baldwin's have the microlite media which is way better than basic cellulose, most are 12 microns nm.

Defintely looks like a very heavy duty quality product.

Too bad they don't find a major chain retailer to stock their products, I'm willing to pay more for quality and made in the USA.

Ordered a Baldwin BT223 today for my daughters car going to smoke it over good when it arrives,will probably try a Hastings on the next vehicle due and see witch one i prefer.Thanks for all the replies, seems to all be positive thats great news.At $5.64 they are a buck or so more expensive than oem at WM but could well be worth that little extra cost and should do well for the 6k oci that i do.

I'm thinking about giving Baldwin a go for our tractor filters. I was quoted $28 per filter (tractor uses two) for fleetguard synthetic filter (not even the stratapore, that was $29) plus I had to buy a whole case. But I can get Baldwin (high performance (synthetic i assume since that swhat the list as the "upgrade" filer) for $9 and I dont have to buy a case.

I can get the regular filters all day long for cheap.

That got me thinking. anyone know what the difference between baldwin's "standard" filter (BT261) and "high performance" filter B299) are?

Baldwin and Hastings filters are identical except for the paint and catalog numbers.

Quote:
anyone know what the difference between baldwin's "standard" filter (BT261) and "high performance" filter B299)
How about asking Baldwin, (800) 822-5394, and letting us all know.

Hastings and Baldwin are the SAME FILTER... and an excellent one at that.

If you go to HastingsFilter.com they have a place to enter your zip code and they will tell you where to get them. Federated Auto Parts is our local stocker of Hastings.

Hastings and Baldwin are both owned by Clarcor also the owner of Purolator.The more i look into Baldwin/Hastings i feel that the Baldwin filters may be slightly superior to Hastings or Purolator.The price is about on par with a P1 and the Hastings a bit less than the two.I think the media of the Baldwin is synthetic and thus my reasoning for the statement above.

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Baldwin and Hastings filters are identical except for the paint and catalog numbers.

Quote:
anyone know what the difference between baldwin's "standard" filter (BT261) and "high performance" filter B299)
How about asking Baldwin, (800) 822-5394, and letting us all know.

I e-mailed them. Also asked for efficiency numbers.

Originally Posted By: 4ever4d
Hastings and Baldwin are both owned by Clarcor also the owner of Purolator.The more i look into Baldwin/Hastings i feel that the Baldwin filters may be slightly superior to Hastings or Purolator.The price is about on par with a P1 and the Hastings a bit less than the two.I think the media of the Baldwin is synthetic and thus my reasoning for the statement above.

Purolator air filtration products owned by Clarcor is a company that is totally separate from the Purolator Automotive oil & air filters owned by Bosch/Mann+Hummel they have nothing to do with each other people get confused because the use the similar logos.

Toto.

well I needed to order a Baldwin air filter. So I thought what they heck, might as well get one BT261 and one B299. Guess whats gonna happen to them?
grin2.gif

Last edited:
After close examination and research Baldwin is the choice.They are easy for me to get and of very high quality,good filters in general plus air,fuel and oil are all avaliable for all my fleet.Thanks for all the input and help with my latest project.NOW LET'S PLAY SOME FOOTBALL GO NFL WOO HOO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back