FP Plus and FP60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ChiTDI
I've used FP60 and replaced it with FP+ on the same car for almost nine years and 145k with no fuel issues.
Hard to complain about it.

What differences did you notice between the two ?

Been using the FP products for many years now. I have learned to
not keep the product in the original container. I transfer mine to glass jugs to avoid the leaching thru the plastic issue. If kept in the original plastic bottles, I figure you loose about 10% of the product over 6 month period.

Originally Posted By: Ross
Been using the FP products for many years now. I have learned to
not keep the product in the original container. I transfer mine to glass jugs to avoid the leaching thru the plastic issue. If kept in the original plastic bottles, I figure you loose about 10% of the product over 6 month period.

Wow, I haven't ever had a leaching issue with the factory LCD containers.

Thats odd I have not had any of these " Leaching " Issues. What size are you purchasing to have this issue? My bottles are bone dry

Well it looks like from my reading that LCD has fixed this issue. above the thread is really old. I have qt bottles so maybe thats why I havent seen this issue. LC did reply to the thread that they were making some changes back then so i would think hopefully it'sn fixed

I think they ended up fixing the gallon bottle that they ship the product in. I do know that i put mine into glass, then I fill a dozen or so 2oz plastic bottle that I carry in the cars. They are the proper plastic. If I don't use these 2oz containers in a month or two, they shrink like the ones in the photos int he above link.

Don't get me wrong. I love the product and will continue to use it. I order 2-3 gallons at a time and that last me for a year or two.

I still have a gallon of FP3000 in my garage from my 4 gal order a few yrs ago and have had no problem w/container at all.
if I remember in the morning Ill get a pic of it.

Originally Posted By: FMC
Originally Posted By: ChiTDI
I've used FP60 and replaced it with FP+ on the same car for almost nine years and 145k with no fuel issues.
Hard to complain about it.

What differences did you notice between the two ?

Little, if any, in performance. Used less so it lasted longer.

A blast from the past....for awhile now, I've only resorted to S1 or Amsoil PI right before a oil change.

Found a jug of FP hiding out in back of my shelf.

Anyhow, still gotta give a thumbs up for the lubricity it adds to the fuel. Been using it for the last 3 months and it's going back to my regular fuel dosing..

I received my order of LC20 & FP Plus, added the LC20 to the oil and Fueled up with the FP Plus, have about 200 miles with this in my car, very noticable positive results, freakin engine is smooth and quiet, I'm sorry I didn't try this stuff sooner. I still like Marvel Mystery Oil & Redline SI-1, I get great results with that also, but if you don't mind a few extra bucks, Lube Control products seem to deliver.

Originally Posted By: chefwong
A blast from the past....for awhile now, I've only resorted to S1 or Amsoil PI right before a oil change.

Found a jug of FP hiding out in back of my shelf.

Anyhow, still gotta give a thumbs up for the lubricity it adds to the fuel. Been using it for the last 3 months and it's going back to my regular fuel dosing..

I tried Amsoil PI and did zero...Waste of money...I am wondering something on FP though.

Just an update, I have been running FP-plus 2oz/18gal and Redline SI-1 3oz/18 gal together, might have a magic potion, if it doesn't have any incompatible componants that's going to do harm to the fuel system, this engine is rnning the best ever !!!

Quote:
FP Plus will do a better job as an UCL then FP60 will. To my knowledge that is one reason it was reformulated.

The FPPlus is soy based for better UCL qualities and is "greener" and has a special component to improve fuel atomization for improved combustion.

The soy base also adds an extra measure of cleaning.

Some of the older bottles did seem to have a vapor pressure issue but I have never seen any fluid leaching through the plastic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back