Purolator and the China Syndrome ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Name brands typically control the quality level. It's the "never heard of them before" types that would have me wondering. While I think the cost difference between one filter being produced over another is the difference between a quarter and a quarter with the dust from the minting process, one tends to feel that if there's a way to cut a corner, the Chinese propensity for finding new and creative way of doing so will show itself. It's sorta unfair, really ..but 1,000,000 times bitten ...1,000,000,000 times shy.

With the numbers that they're used to dealing with, they are probably saying, "What's the problem? We only sold them 40B defective and dangerous items. Practically 99% great stuff!"
21.gif

Think they have 6 sigma in China?
lol.gif

Guess I just want to clear something up here. The Purolator oil filters, and those brands made by Puro, for the US, are AFAIK, made in the US. I don't know about Australia which where the OP resides.

Now gas and air filters may be made in China and elsewhere, which seems common now with all brands of air/gas filters.

But, Purolator oil filters (this board) here are made in the US.

All the recent Purolators and made bys I have bought were made in America. Years ago, I had one made in Spain. That was 2-3 owners ago.

Still looking for a filter for my truck with a thread end bypass and a cartridge for my car made in America by an American company.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
But, Purolator oil filters (this board) here are made in the US.

I guess that I should have posted in the fuel filters forum LOL.

BTW, the air filters (pertinent to this board) are Chinese too.

Quote:
BTW, the air filters (pertinent to this board) are Chinese too.
Many here, Purolator and Fram air filters are made in Israel. Some complain about quality, I always check inside box, I've had no issues.

I use baldwin fuel and oil filter exclusively in my shop. Very high quality products made in the US, and for us the ONLY manufacture with a true 3 micron fuel filter for the cummins, and 2 micron for 7.3 powerstrokes.

You could check out baldwin filter express and order them wholesale online

Ended up with Nissan OEM at the time.

Finally cracked with OEM filter pricing ($60 for a spin on fuel filter), and bought 3 off Baldwins (BF7532) for about the same off an ebay tractor supplier.

Definitely made in China (says so on the box).

Solid and well made looking, and well packaged, so Gary's comments earlier about name brands made in China may well hold true.

The Purolator fuel filter I just bought for our Malibu is made in China as well
smirk.gif

Sure hard to tell right now, but it appears to be of good quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back