have i found the perfect oil filter for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
After searching i found i local places that sells baldwin oil filters for 3.67 for the oversize filter for my lt1. So far ive used hastings 4.99, wix/napa gold/carqest blue premium for 5.99. pure one for 5. I figured the high end synthetic bosch, mobil, k&n, rp, fram xg were a waste of money i do 3k oci with fs full synthetic.

at 3K intervals i would run any API SM/SN oil that is on sale.
also at 3k intervals, an oversized is overkill. use the standard size and save a little oil as well
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
To each his own, if you feel comfortable with that interval, then who cares I say. Just make sure you recycle:)

AGREE !!!! I do 3k miles here too, with ANY oil, 3k miles take me 6+ month lol.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
3,000 mile oil changes with syn oil is a waste as well.

+1.....3000 OCI on a Syn is....an absolute waste of good oil, time and $$$.

Any Syn will easily do 6K to 7.5K with a mid-tier filter....no matter what your driving style.

If you insist on 3000K....just use a good conventional (like VWB, Mobil super 5000, PYB).

Originally Posted By: irocurpony
the car is a street strip car that is not a daily driver so 3k is about a year worth of driving

Great idea. Time or mileage, driving conditions, fuel dilution, storage rust accumulation.... stick with that 3k OCI regardless of what the clueless say. A few gallons of oil is cheaper than a new engine.

And, that is the perfect filter of you. Use it too!

Originally Posted By: irocurpony
the car is a street strip car that is not a daily driver so 3k is about a year worth of driving

Would have been nice to explain this....in your initial post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back