Shelf Life of Wiper Blades/Inserts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning to order some maintenance parts for the Nissan and would like to stock up on a few sets of wiper inserts.

On average, I think I will be replacing them every 18 months. If I make an order of Nissan parts, I will probably order a few pairs of these. So, how long can I keep them around, as I once read somewhere that they do age and deteriorate rather quickly.

Does anyone have any experience with keeping windshield wiper inserts in stock? Any issues with aging?

Thanks.

They usually dont go bad if they are sitting on a shelf. Most of the time they go bad because they are exposed to the elements. I have a stock pile of Bosch wipers and they dont go bad from sitting.

If they are kept inside, they should last a very long time. Wiper blades deteriorate from; use, UV light, and temperatures fluctuations. My PIAA silicone blades have been in use for about 42 months now and are still truckin' along.
CharlieJams

I bought a pair of Anco blades from WalMarts and they squawked like heck. I found that the rubber was hard and returned them. I think it was too long on the shelve. I now only buy as needed but, like Charlie said above. When I order, I have no way of knowing how long they were in the suppliers inventory and hence, I buy only when needed.

If kept indoors, out of direct sunlight, they should last for years.
As far as the noisy Ancos, that could be caused by several factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back