Motorcraft Wiper Blades and Online Purchase

The wipers on the wife's Edge have been fantastic, but I decided at 7 years old I'd refresh them out of preventative maintenance. I bought a single fancy Michelin replacement at Wally's. Not only was I unhappy with the tiny, tiny diagrams and the Rubic's cube assembly of the fastener, it just doesn't work near as well as the original.

Now I'm looking to get some genuine Motorcraft premium flat blade replacements. I'd prefer just to order some in for convenience and I presume some savings as well. I looked on eBay, but I'm concerned about counterfeits.

What should I expect to pay for a set of three, and what's a trustworthy online source? Or should I just bag it and go to a dealer?

The wipers on the wife's Edge have been fantastic, but I decided at 7 years old I'd refresh them out of preventative maintenance. I bought a single fancy Michelin replacement at Wally's. Not only was I unhappy with the tiny, tiny diagrams and the Rubic's cube assembly of the fastener, it just doesn't work near as well as the original.

Now I'm looking to get some genuine Motorcraft premium flat blade replacements. I'd prefer just to order some in for convenience and I presume some savings as well. I looked on eBay, but I'm concerned about counterfeits.

What should I expect to pay for a set of three, and what's a trustworthy online source? Or should I just bag it and go to a dealer?
The last set of Michelin blades that I used were fantastic. The longest lasting I've ever had were Valeo's which I think are oem for many manufacturers.

I had a hard time finding Motorcraft blades last year for the Explorer and eventually just gave up. The Napa ProFormer Beam wiper blades are significantly cheaper and work just as well for me. They don't last quite as long as the Motorcraft blades, but cost-per-year wise they are actually better value. For reference, I've traditionally gotten 3 years out of the Motorcraft blades and 2 years from the ProFormer Beam blades.

Last edited:
FT4Z-17528-BA / WW-2755A and FT4Z-17528-CA / WW-2760A are the OE blades that will fit without any goofy adapters like the premium flat ones. FWIW I only sell the premium flat ones as an absolute last resort. Tons of fitment issues with them.
Great, that's what I wanted and didn't even know it. Just replacements for what is on there now, they have been great.

FT4Z-17528-DA / WW-1414A is the rear blade. Pro tip, if you take the little cover off the pivot nut the arm will pull up more making it easier to change. I discovered this.... after breaking an arm.

This is the cover thing

1710362384877.jpg

FT4Z-17528-DA / WW-1414A is the rear blade. Pro tip, if you take the little cover off the pivot nut the arm will pull up more making it easier to change. I discovered this.... after breaking an arm.

This is the cover thing

View attachment 208144
Just ordered all three from directly from Ford, only 10 bucks more total than the eBay stuff of unknown origin.

Thanks all for your help.

Just ordered all three from directly from Ford, only 10 bucks more total than the eBay stuff of unknown origin.

Thanks all for your help.
Anytime. There is nothing inherently wrong with the Premium Flat blades, its just that they are universal which means they work decent in some applications. They were on my Super Duty when I bought them and after having them only wipe half the windshield I tossed them for cheapy Ancos which worked so much better.

Back