hastings or purolator pure one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cannot decide on a purolator pure one or hastings oil filter for my next oil change. any opinions on to which is better or are they both good? im currently running mobil 1 HM 5W30 synthetic with a mobil 1 filter. trying to find a good filter that is a tad bit cheaper, as the mobil 1 is 13 bucks

They're both good, but the PureOne is my current pick for all-around best filter, at least in the size/applications I use. I like it quite a bit better than the M1, personally.

My choice would be the P1. P1 rated at 99.9% efficient, never seen a rating for the Hastings. And, P1 can currently had at Advance through online order for $5, less if any online codes are still working.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
which ever filter costs less.

+1
Both are excellent. Might as well choose the filter that is readily available and cheap. That would be P1.

Keep in mind the filter sizes we use for our Altima's are not 99.9% efficient,ie. the 14612, 14610. Hastings filters are built better than the P1's IMO but I have no idea the specs on them and that steers me towards the P1.

Based on this thread with pics of the Hastings I'd take the P1 again. The PL14610 had ~105 sq. in. of media, and I haven't seen one by another maker to equal that. That plus the P1 has a silicone adbv, to Hastings nitrile.

The P1 will have the better efficacy rating by far.

but both are well built quality filters,step up to the Baldwin(makes Hastings)that's the flag ship of these filters.

kinda like NG and NPS.

The orange can Hastings does look like a pretty good filter. Much better than the the Federated Auto Parts filters. If the price were right I wouldn't hesitate to give one a try. But if the price were equal to or greater than that of a PureONE, I'd pick the PureONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back