Castrol GTX (Superior Sludge Protection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a qt of Castrol GTX for top off in my truck which gets Castrol GTX from a local oil change facility. Instead of the old "Unique Anti-Sludge Fromula", it now says "Superior Slude Protection" on the front of the bottle.

Did the really change their formula enought that it goes from unique to superior? LOL

I believe there is a somewhat recent thread here that addresses this. It may have been Terry (sorry if it was someone else) that said it is a new formulation and the real deal.

If I have time, I'll search and post it. Or you can search to find it... should be in the last 3-4 months.

wagsg,
I was trying to find it before I created this post...but was having no success.

I'm not saying it's not a great oil, but does "Superior Sludge Protection" really mean anything?

It's merchandising/marketing talk. Great sounding words that are sufficiently vague enough to mean little, if anything.

quote:

Originally posted by javacontour:
I'm not saying it's not a great oil, but does "Superior Sludge Protection" really mean anything?

It's merchandising/marketing talk. Great sounding words that are sufficiently vague enough to mean little, if anything.

I doubt it! I would think any GroupII, SL/SM rated, motor oil resists sludging and could say they had "Superior Sludge Protection." But Castrol is a fine oil, and I would use it in a heartbeat.

I sure they also have "Time released protection" much like Pennzoil does.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back