Miss Emily's new shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P1010005.jpg

Store owner talked me out of getting CS4s into getting Altimax TRs; 70K rated; 30 miles on them so far, nice quiet ride. Guys put them on in 45 minutes.

I just can't get myself to believe that tire is going to be any good in any serious amount of snow...

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
General tires are great. I have General Altimax's. They're excellent.

+1
General Tire Altamax HP's are the best tire I've ever owned...and would purchase them again. I recommend them highly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
What type of gas mileage are you getting ?

With these tires, i don't know. I run 45mpg summer time @ 65-70mph.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I just can't get myself to believe that tire is going to be any good in any serious amount of snow...

I thought the same thing about the Pirelli P4's because the tread looks so mild mannered but, they're super in the snow.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

I thought the same thing about the Pirelli P4's because the tread looks so mild mannered but, they're super in the snow.

The TireRack snow ratings for the Altimax aren't that good, when compared to other tires, such as the P4.

Long term comments on these babies: I will not be buying them again. About 25K on them, very noisy, sounds like a dump truck. No way tread will reach 70K miles.

The only bonus to shortened tread life is I don't have to listen to them for 2 more years....

Despite others comments and web reviews I thought they were quite good in the snow; this last year was a good test. I miss my Coopers; have gotten 60K+ out of (2) pairs of Lifeliners. No more rolling the dice for me, stick with what one knows works.

Last edited:
Another bonus, picked up a 4" x 3/8" x 1/16" piece of metal between right on the radius between the sidewall and tread; it cannot be repaired. Will be installing CS4 within the next few days.....

It's interesting that I've now heard two not so good things about the Altimax series tires (the other being the RTs, one of the tires I was considering as well)

And it seems I hear more and more good things about the CS4s. A guy I talked to now has a second set on his Vue after getting nearly 85k out of his last set (mostly highway)

Ive Got General Altimaxis on my 07 Accord and have a long thread on this site about my experience from start to finish.. Frankly im not a big fan.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Cool story...

#bumpingthreeyearoldthread

Lol....

Interesting, only because I ended up with the RTs myself, and they are doing well after 6 months...

Wife might ed up with Coopers though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back