The Quest for G-05

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe what I just went through to find 2 gallons of G-05. I hit Wally World, KMart, Target, Meijers, AutoZone, O'Reilly's, Advance Auto, Pep Boys. NONE of these companies had it. The "Flavor of the Week" at all those stores? All Makes/All Models/No Thanks.

Finally stopped by a NAPA store and they had it for $12.49. Told the clerk, "You have no idea how hard it was to find this stuff." His puzzled reply, "I stock it all the time." OK....YOU do but no one else in a 20 mile radius does!

Yes, I did call my Ford Dealer for Premium Gold but I was not going to pay his ransom of $17/gallon.

Wow.

I though about getting G-05 for mt Cav and Cobalt (both due for a flush), but the Dexcool has held up just fine in both cars..

Well, now you now where to get it here in MI.
wink.gif

I refuse to put Deathcool/All Makes in my Taurus.

So you saved $4.50 by not buying from the dealer. You probably spent that in fuel trying to find it somewhere else
21.gif

Quote:

So you saved $4.50 by not buying from the dealer. You probably spent that in fuel trying to find it somewhere else

Actually $9.

but his time is apparently worthless. 8)

No, I just refuse on principle to pay the rates the dealer wanted.

Now other people in my area will know where to go to find G-05. I wouldn't call that worthless.

After calling Zerex and then heading over to CarQuest per their recommendation, I found that my local CarQ does NOT carry it. special order. oh, and $20 a gallon. dealer or Napa.

Zerex needs a little better market penetration. They are really dropping the ball.

Ford should sell their coolant like they do their oil and filters at retailers. I think Zerex supplies Ford's G-05 and Conoco their oil.

Yes, ZEREX could do a much better job promoting their G-05. NAPA sells it near my home. As a matter of fact...I don't remember finding it anywhere else.

Wake up ZEREX! You're losing your market share here!

Few years ago you can find Zerex G-05 at PepBoys, but they don't have it anymore. Most auto parts stores now carry mostly Dex-Clone All-Makes All-Models Prestone and Peak Long Life, that is most drivers buy.

Greggy_D,

I also get mine at NAPA. It's to bad you didn't ask here first, the question of where to buy G-05 comes up all time.

Last edited:
I'd check around a few more Ford dealers-there's a couple here that will sell it cheaper than NAPA. What I find weird is that the Valvoline DISTRIBUTORS here don't even carry Zerex antifreeze!

Yep, I have to buy my Zerex G-05 from NAPA in another town. My Ford dealer sells the Motorcraft Gold for $15 per jug so that isn't too much more than Zerex.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mechtech2
G-05 IS tough to find.
And they hit you hard when you do find it.

Shade over $12 not too bad for a great coolant.

I looked and looked and couldn't find it anywhere in Las Vegas. After some inquiries, I found the local NAPA store could order it from Los Angles. The clerk said I'd have to take a whole case. I told him to get me two. Had to, at $10.49 a gallon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back