FleetGuard vs Donaldson vs Baldwin for Oil, Air?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anybody here using these (I use FG for oil right now)?

Does anybody know who's the leader of the leaders for multi-pass efficiency?

Which is really the best?

These names are big in the trucking and off-highway circles. I know they are all top-notch, probably the best available, and by far the best bet for super-extended drain intervals.

K

I've used all three of the course of the past 20 years or so in the heavy equipment industry. I've found fleetGuard is by far the best as far as quality and value. We've compared oil samples with the same oil, oil change interval, and same piece of equipment, and the fleetguard results are much better then the "others." I swithced over to fleetguard about 10 years ago with no thoughts of switching back. The Air filters are much better than the Baldwins, and comparable to the Donaldsons but the Donaldsons are more expensive at least around here.

This reminds me of something my filter dealer told me once.
He used to work for a dealer that sold both Baldwin and Fleetguard.
When they would recieve a shippment they would sometimes have "damages". from shipping i imagine.
Plus he said they would have defective filters.
Bad seals, threads and such.
They did quarterly damage reimbursements with each company.
He told me the Baldwin pile might have maybe a dozen oil filters, and a few air filters.
The Fleetgaurd pile would have CASES of oil filters and maybe a couple dozen air filters!
I said to him they must sell a lot more Fleetguards.
He told me, no, they sold Baldwin over Fleetguard 4 to 1!
Said that they meet oem specs, but barely, and the cans were made of much thinner metal than the Baldwins.
Dont know about Donaldson, but ive heard they are just as HD as Baldwin.
This is what i hear anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back