Fuel Filter location, 2007 GMC Acadia 3.6L(non-DI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
Does anyone know where the fuel filter is located on a 2007 GMC Acadia, 3.6L non-DI vehicle? There is no mention in the owner's manual (that I have found). Thanks for your input!
Matto

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
not equipped. no listing from my ACDelco suppliers and no procedure in AllData to change.

To the OP, if this is indeed the case, a lot of manufacturers are putting it inside the fuel tank and they claim it is good for a lifetime. Whose lifetime, I'm not sure.
I've got a '99 Suzuki Swift and it took me several trips to the parts store before somebody finally told me it was not available.

Thanks for your help! If there is not a readily replaceable fuel filter designed into this vehicle, I sure hope whatever is in the tank has enough capacity for the vehicle life.

The manual in my wife's 09 Acadia doesn't even tell you where the battery is. I went to the Acadia forum to find out that it is under the right rear passenger floorboard (center row) and it takes a special star screwdriver to release the panel. This stardrive is also necessary to open the air box to change the air filter (with great difficulty). They want you to bring the car back to the dealer for the simplest service but I am resisting.

torx seem to be getting used more and more on everything. Though i am not going to complain because I like them more. You get the right sized bit and its very hard to strip them.

Originally Posted By: wapacz
torx seem to be getting used more and more on everything.

They are getting more common because with a torx, the factory assembly line workers can't screw things up as easy. Unlike a regular slotted-head screw or a phillips, the screw stays on the bit when you hold it horizontal.

A couple of years ago, I installed a bunch of sheet-rock (wall board) in my house with torx headed screws instead of the regular phillips. It was almost fun.

Last edited:
One thing to always watch for on Torx screws is that the hole isn't full of crud and that the bit bottoms out in the screw. It is VERY easy to strip them out (if they're real tight) if the bit only goes in half way. I like to tap on the bit with a hammer.

Originally Posted By: Dieselbob
One thing to always watch for on Torx screws is that the hole isn't full of crud and that the bit bottoms out in the screw. It is VERY easy to strip them out (if they're real tight) if the bit only goes in half way. I like to tap on the bit with a hammer.

I agree Torxes on fairly easy/prone to stripping. IMO nothing beats a hex-head screw. You put a 6-point socket on one, providing its flats aren't really rounded, and the screw will shear off before it strips.

Any mechanics from a GM dealership to shed some definitive light on the original fuel filter location question? I would think there would be a part number listing if a replaceable filter was designed into the system.
Thanks,

Verified "old Mustang Guy's" tip, it's under the passenger side of the car. Also found aftermarket filters, about $20. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back