ExxonMobilShell?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be interesting. I wonder how many PP users would look for something else, not wanting to feed the ExxonMobil "monster".

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Remember this date and that I said it, "IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN".

The REAL powers that be won't let it happen....regardless....

Johnny and Pablo, I sure hope you're right!

First I stopped using Castrol over the whole Group III "faux synthetic" hoopla, then I stopped using ExMo over their "is it or isn't it" flap and now the recent Ashland thing.

If that merger happens, I'll have to start hating PP and find ANOTHER new oil to use.
smirk2.gif
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Remember this date and that I said it, "IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN".

I hope you are right, Johnny! Shell products all the way!
grin2.gif

At least Mobil would have an excuse for using (a really good) GrIII.

I don't think any sane person/govt/regulator would let such a merger happen.

I remember learning about the break up of monopolies in a history or buisness class Ever hear of Standard oil .And over the last decade or so monopolies have been forming again .Look at the banks for example.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
I remember learning about the break up of monopolies in a history or buisness class Ever hear of Standard oil .And over the last decade or so monopolies have been forming again .Look at the banks for example.

The comical part is that Standard Oil is basically back to what it once was, just has a flashy new name: ExxonMobil.

Exxon-Mobil would have to merge with Chevron-Texaco to have the old Standard Oil of New Jersey that was broken up by the government. That was when Rockefeller owned all of Standard Oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back