John Deere Plus 50 15W40 In 1997 LaSaber

Status
Not open for further replies.
The engine is loveing it!! I tried some Walmart 5W30 towards the end of winter becasue it was getting really cold so see if it made a difference. It made no difference at all over my 10W30.

So far the difference in operateing oil pressure when warm is +15PSI at idle over the 5W30 at idle. The oil pressure at 1500 RPMS adn above is within factor spec. unlike with the 5W30 wich was -25PSI off from the Motorcraft 10W30 adn the J.D. Plus 50! Either way the oil pressure was never low enough to case any harm it just was not were it belonged.

The Bick is wisper quite with the 15W40 J.D. plus 50 in it and it has less vibration and feels more responcive! My 3800 Series II realy like 15W40. It liked Delo 400 just as much and Rotell-T 5W40! It seems to like thick 10W30's as well. It is spec.'ed for 10W30 year round! It does not burn any oil at all with 10W30,15W40 and 5W40 and higher for the duration of the oil change. It burnt 1/2 quart of 5W30 in 1500 mile though!

I have used 15w/40 oil and all my vehicles seem to do ok with it. I never notice any difference in gas mileage from using a 10w/30 in my 6 cyl 92 Toy p/u.

I just looked at the voa again. Massive dose of conventional adds in the John Deere. Should be some great stuff, especially for the price.

I'm using GC 0W-30 in my Buick Series II. I know, I'm spending too much and it don't need a syn, but I can't help it.
dunno.gif

My '91 Subaru XT6 really likes the JD Torq-Gard Plus50 as well. Better OP, especially at idle, and believe it or not (I don't expect anyone to) it gets better fuel economy than with 10W30 (tried M1 and some conventionals).

We used to run nothing but Kendall Super D-III 15W40 in all our vehicles (as well as the tractors and diesel trucks) year-round for years and years. It worked very well and the cars and pickups lasted very well. Now things are different, but truly you can use a 15W40 in much colder weather than most folks here seem comfortable with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back