Kluber isoflex grease, crank bearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
The roller crank bearings are sealed and packed with this stuff on many rotax snowmobile 2 stroke engines. They've been doing it for a few years now and it seem to be working well. Just wondered what you experts know about this grease? I searched for a suitable substitue but was told to stay with the Kluber products. At the time it was very expensive, but I am now able to purchase it from the US rep for a reasonable price

Kluber blends good greases. If it is working good for you and now you can get it readily why switch?

The tube is 50ml in size. It's smaller than a tube of toothpaste and want $70 Canadian $55USD.

As far as Im concerned that's a crime.
What makes this grease worth that much money?
I've bought several tubes for replacing the grease in 2 stroke rebuild crankshafts. I search all over the net and find there is only a few distributors in N/Am. stemming with several dealers. I try to buy from a distributor and all ive been given is phone numbers to dealers.

How can I go about finding an economical replacement that performs the same for the requirements? Would I look at the consituents of the product and then scour the net looking for equivalent?

Regards

D^Joe

hi Joe, I get it from the west coast rep for about $14 a small tube and they'll charge my card and UPS. Your contact in CAN would be Bill Watson, Canadian/Northeast Group Manager 1-800-447-2238. Let me know if you have trouble or get in a pinch and need it, I usually have extra laying around.

any new substitution ideas for this grease. I think i read that bombardier recommended neverseize(or similar branded name) for their atv "one way bearings" in their rotax clutch systems, until this stuff came along which is now the recommended lubricant.They're supposedly the same creamy consistancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back