What type of ATF does a 2006 Kia sportage use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be flushing the tranny fluid on a 2006 Kia Sportage V6. However, I just needed to know as to what type of fluid it took?

Regards

Hyundai, Kia, Mitsubishi SPF-III only at the dealers.
Some say the Amsoil SLF works good but if under warranty use at your own risk. They are known to deny a warranty if you sneeze wrong.

Ken

I've put Castrol import vehicle ATF in my wife's Mitsubishi, has worked fine so far (about a month and a half). Owners manual specified SP-III. I'd get Kia SP-III from the dealer if you're still under warranty.

I use amsoil universal ATF in my auto 06 Rio. I have 11 quarts of SPIII in the garage I don't need.

Shop around for SPIII, it was cheapest for me at the mitsu dealer. FYI SPIII cost any where from $5-9 per quart at dealerships.

Use SPIII or any fluid that mentions SPIII in the spec.

I would also disconnect the battery overnight to reset any learned parameters in the slipcontrol(shift/tc-lockup) aspect of the programming.

Originally Posted By: Ken42
Hyundai, Kia, Mitsubishi SPF-III only at the dealers.
Some say the Amsoil SLF works good but if under warranty use at your own risk. They are known to deny a warranty if you sneeze wrong.

Ken

Thanks for the Mitshubishi dealer tip. I would use SP III for peace of mind it I was doing the change myself. The irony is that a service advisor told my at the local Hyundai dealership that they use the Castrol Import Multi-vehicle fluid when doing ATF drain and refills.

Reports of a lot of dealers doing that.
But if on the off chance it does go bad ask them if they will foot the bill for the replacement of the transmission?

Hyundai does check the transmissions for cause of failure and will charge back to the dealer if it is a non hyundai fluid in it.

Ken in WA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back