My dog ate an enormous rawhide chew.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My black mixed pooch today downed an HUGE rawhide chew in very short order. He weighs about 30 pounds dripping wet and the chew was the size of a 15 DDD shoe! I normally cut them in quarters...the girls....

Anyway he now is shaking and panting and just not right at all.

Should I give something to him to help him pass it?

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: moribundman
Reach inside and pull.

That's helpful.

I apologize. I was obviously mistaken when I thought you knew you ought to seek the advice of a vet if your dog was in serious distress.

Had the same thing happen with one of mine , vet said unless the pieces swallowed were really huge it would pass . It did .

Good luck !

For real - if your dog is in distress, take it in.

My previous dog tipped the trash can over and ate an entire chicken carcass. You wanna talk about dog problems... Try giving hydrogen peroxide to a German Shepard through a turkey baster.

He seems OK now. We will watch him closely through the night. The panting and shaking have come to an end and he seems pretty chipper....just watching for bloating. I'm sure the Hershey squirts will start any time.......

Hope he's OK, give him all the water he wants, softens up the leather, makes it pass better.

My Lab ate a large roll in record time,it was the size of a baseball bat, he had no problem, but I got worried, and now only get the roasted cow shank bones.

Predictable, too.

Milking compassion, you mean? By the way, I thought you had a cat, not a dog.

I have a cat and two dogs.

Milking compassion? You? Strange.

Yes, Captain Kirk got just sick. Please don't be mean to me!
48.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back