Filter Wrench Look-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
K-DFILTERWRENCH.jpg

NAPA 3527 - 3&7/8'' - 4&3/8'' Outside Diameter
NAPA 3082 - 3&1/2'' - 3&7/8'' Outside Diameter
NAPA 3083 - 2&7/8'' - 3&1/4'' Outside Diameter
NAPA 3324 - 2&1/2'' - 3&0/0'' Outside Diameter

These are premium quality filter wrenches Made in USA by K-D Tools available at NAPA.
55.gif

The metal strap type wrenches shown in the first post work well .. However, here's an alternative that will handle all filter sizes .. especially good for a stuborn filter ...

Vise-Grip chain wrench
vg20r.jpg

Originally Posted By: Mike_dup1
Check out this source, just about everything imaginable.

CTA Tools

NICE site - I can see my wallet empty real soon!

A REAL BITOG'r has a full compliment of oil filter wrenches for any application that he might run into on a random encounter with an oil change. Some BITOG'rs have actually used this as a pickup line in the frozen food section when in their rogue stag mode (rut season).

Originally Posted By: SKUNKY
3/8 socket wrench and extention length as needed..

Yep, I see it now. Didn't notice the spot in the center for the extension to go into.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Some BITOG'rs have actually used this as a pickup line in the frozen food section when in their rogue stag mode (rut season).

I tried it and it doesn't work... and my wife was a little upset.
crackmeup2.gif

Why would anybody intentionally put an oil filter on with a wrench, knowing they will then need a bigger fancier wrench to get the darn thing off?!?
crazy2.gif

Hi flatlandtacoma,
55.gif

I just used a regular length 3/8'' drive ratchet attached to that cup wrench in link #3. I was pulling on the ratchet handle with only my index and middle fingers; so I was able to get a good feel for the torque and yet still get it plenty tight.

Originally Posted By: flatlandtacoma
Why would anybody intentionally put an oil filter on with a wrench, knowing they will then need a bigger fancier wrench to get the darn thing off?!?

A very good question. They dont leak when you tighten them by hand so why would you want to torque it down and risk thread damage in such a vital place?

crazy2.gif

On some cars you can't get a good hand grip on the filter.

Originally Posted By: XS650
crazy2.gif

On some cars you can't get a good hand grip on the filter.

Exactly. It may be the only way to get it "hand tight" without violating some child labor laws.
grin2.gif

I used to think mine was annoying but now I just go in from the top and reach back behind the tower brace and intake manifold with my left hand.

Personally I'm a fan of the endcap filter wrenches. The filter on my Pathfinder is a pain to get out. I put my extra extension in the wrench and it makes the filter an ease to reamove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back