Zurich ZR 15S OBD scanner

hrv

Any comments on the Zurich brand or this model sold at Harbor Freight??? I am looking for a scanner for my 21 Honda HRV that has the feature of the EPB...Electronic Parking Brake...retract for pad replacement...Any other I should look at??? Want to keep the price around 300.00 or less.. Thanks

This $139 (w/coupon) Launch scanner should meet your needs for a lot less $$$. It has full EPB, ABS & SRS capabilities for late-model Hondas.

1704387323237.jpg

Scan tools and especially bi-directional scan tools are a deep and slick rabbit hole. If you're going to buy one that can do the brakes, airbags and anti-lock then go ahead and get one that can scan the transmission and give fluid temps.

EDIT: I read through the owner's manual for the Zurich it does quite a bit. The best thing is to read it for yourself and see if it states in the manual that it will do what you want it to do for your specific vehicle. There is no "one size fits all" diagnostic tool anymore. A basic OBD reader will reset a check engine light but with the complexity of the vehicles today, the CEL is sort of the least of your worries.

It listed DTC's, ABS, SRS, TPMS, oil service reset, battery minder reset, steering angle reset, EPB, DPF, and ABS bleeding. I didn't see much about bi-directional capability but it does read oil levels on vehicles that use oil level sensors. It all depends on what your specific vehicle is set up to report.

Shop around because as Nukeman7 states, there are some good deals on very capable tools out there.

Last edited:
That is a great scan tool for the money and as said above it is a rebranded Innova...the 5160 model. I have both and they are my go tool tools due to small size and quick setup on vehicles. They have more capability then just about any other scan tool in the price range up to $500ish. I own many high end scanners for jobs that need them but when I don't need the capabilities of my other ones these work great.

Reactions: wtd
I have the Innova 5610 and while it is a decent scanner, there are better ones out there for a little bit more money.

When I first bought it new in 2020, I scanned my 98 chevy truck with it just to see what it could do on it and did a code scan in enhanced GM mode and it came back with every code offered on that vehicle stored as a code even thought the truck's CEL was not on and it didn't have any running issues. It would also not allow me to clear the codes. I had to send it back to Innova for them to reset it. I have never really trusted it since then.

It has also missed codes on some vehicles that my other higher dollar scanner did pick up. I don't think these Innova scanners have the capability to access some of the other modules on some of these newer vehicles. I have not tried their top of the line 7111 scanner so it might be better.

I have the Innova 5610 and while it is a decent scanner, there are better ones out there for a little bit more money.

When I first bought it new in 2020, I scanned my 98 chevy truck with it just to see what it could do on it and did a code scan in enhanced GM mode and it came back with every code offered on that vehicle stored as a code even thought the truck's CEL was not on and it didn't have any running issues. It would also not allow me to clear the codes. I had to send it back to Innova for them to reset it. I have never really trusted it since then.

It has also missed codes on some vehicles that my other higher dollar scanner did pick up. I don't think these Innova scanners have the capability to access some of the other modules on some of these newer vehicles. I have not tried their top of the line 7111 scanner so it might be better.

Any suggestions to the OP for one that isn’t much more money yet better? Thanks

Back