Your thoughts on using 0w20 in high mile Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran 5w20 on a 235k prius.
smile.gif

Under 1/2 quart consumption in 5k.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
If you do switch over you may notice some consumption because of the change over esp with M1 or Pennzoil synthetics. But just stick with it for a few intervals and that should subside. .

Why is this? I’ve noticed this on my cars at times, too. I generally stick to Mobil HM but occasionally throw in some Penzoil HM. When I do, I need to top off at around 1,500 miles. Then good for remaining 3,500

OP: I’m at 208,000 on my 05 Accord. At 150k or so, went from 0w-20 to a HM grade. If it were me, I’d stick with whatever you’ve been doing. If it were me...

Originally Posted By: car51
I may just stick with 0w20 year around like tig1 is doing
smile.gif

Let us know if you do that. Then we can call you tig2.
smile.gif

Good one matt
smile.gif

J/k of course. Winter shaping up to be COLD so far but 0w20 I doubt would hurt anything

If you have been using 5-30 why change if you've had no issues?

Well, it was 17 here this morning before I left to donate platelets. The m1 HM 5w30 was ok, but I’ll euther take Dlundblad’s advice on using the M1 0w40 year around or M1 0w20AFE

Well, it was 17 here this morning before I left to donate platelets. The m1 HM 5w30 was ok, but I’ll euther take Dlundblad’s advice on using the M1 0w40 year around or M1 0w20AFE

Except he never said to use 0w40.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I wouldn't just because of the possible increased risk of consumption.

Judging by your OP and s-ignature, you are currently running 5w30. Id just stick with that.

Except he never said to use 0w40.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I wouldn't just because of the possible increased risk of consumption.

Judging by your OP and s-ignature, you are currently running 5w30. Id just stick with that.

Actually, in discussions with DLundblad, we discussed using M1 0w40 for 10k intervals since my engine is fairly clean
smile.gif

So, I decided on PP 5w20 and successfully submitted the rebate
smile.gif

Co worker of mine is bringing his VW Jetta over for a oil change so I’ll use the M1 0w40 in that
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back