your favorite sunny weather hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello BITOGers,

Well it's a slow Friday and ZZman is running out of interesting topics so I thought about this one:

What is your favorite (or favorites) hat(s) for warm sunny weather?

ME: some light textile wide sport-ish hats I found on clearance at tjMaxx. They have laces for the windy days...
I lost 2 baseball caps to Chicago's Windy City winds....

As I grew older, probably I will look (if they still exist) for the summer variant of Fedora/Stetson...

P.S. I realized I have a Red-Green hat somewhere in a box.....

Last edited:
Luckily I still have a full head of hair, but I do have a Boonie hat I picked up at a military surplus store. I rarely wear it and I bought a matching t-shirt to go along with it.

Originally Posted By: pandus13
ZZman is running out of interesting topics

He started an interesting discussion on snot rags.

I wear a Canadian made Tilley hat. Stays on in a breeze and gives good sun protection. Cost 60 bucks 28 years ago and has aged a lot better than I have
smile.gif
Guaranteed for life and they used to replace the hat even if you lost it. Not sure about that nowadays.

I've always worn a hat, even as a kid...just not the ones my mother tried to put on my head. Caps at work, and a beanie in winter. My everyday hat, summer and winter is a wide brim Outback Kodiak, an oilskin (waxxed cotton) hat, waterproof in winter of course, and shade in summer...I don't find it too hot in summer. My other main hat is a US Bailey felt wide brim, not as versatile as the oilskin, too hot in summer and being light with no chin strap it can fly off in the wind.

I prefer either a surplus boonie hat or a Tilley hat.

Occasionally I'll wear a baseball cap too.

This is currently my least favorite, because the person standing under it is about to give me a parking penalty.

Parking restrictions on motorcycles (and bicycles) is a new (and unwelcome) thing here, and of course a nice new earner for THE MAN.

Started going bald in high school. After a few dome chromes, I wised up. Favorite was a genuine Panama. Typical is a cotton crusher soaked in water. Lately I've added a wet cotton bandana to keep the sun off my neck. About a bazillion gimme ball caps too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back