***Your factory warranty may have expired...call us now for help***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by wemay
Got this in my mailbox today concerning my 2018 KIA...
I can see these scams scaring some people into purchasing unneeded "warranty coverage". Piece of [censored] people...

You mean ....... You mean........ you mean....... I've been snookered...... Oh No, not possible! Where else can I get extended warranty on my 15 year-old vehicle?
Gotta' go now! Just got a call about investing more in our Time Shares and I'm awaiting a call from my stock investor promising good returns on Sears and BitCoin stock.

Last edited:
Dang things arrive on pink paper and look like a "cut off notice" or delinquent account

They are praying on the elderly....

and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the LAW!!

Originally Posted by Linctex
Dang things arrive on pink paper and look like a "cut off notice" or delinquent account

They are praying on the elderly....

and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the LAW!!

Quit picking on us-elderly. You mean I'm not supposed to open my front door and invite strangers in - that promise to test my furnace and A.C. for free?
How dare you say no?

Now excuse me while I go to the bank with my brand new neighbor, who will help me with poor eyesight, sign important documents there for money transfers. He looks like a real nice man and I trust his good looks.

Last edited:
Call them from a burner phone and harass them
smile.gif

I Actually called a warranty Co - of my indiscreet choosing - before I sold the Nissan Rogue Select - trying to get a powertrain service contract through 100K miles 7 years.

Got almost to the end, Then poking about I found a copy of the contract online somewhere, and it did not cover CVT., In fact it didnt cover much at all after reading the exclusions. Thats when I traded the Rogue for the 2019 Jetta Lease for $139 a month. Traded the car's value for a lease - no money out of pocket. The Rogue wholesale was about 6500 bucks.

I forget the name of the contract company now, they kept calling twice a day for weeks. Finally got a sympathetic ear on the horn to stop the calls. I don't answer my VOIP "landline" phone anyways.

If they need me they can leave a voicemail.

Last edited:
I get calls about the vehicle extended warranty, lower car insurance, etc. I answer each, listen to make sure, hang up and go online to Vonage and block it. I can only block 50 numbers in Vonage. I am at about 20 now.

Jason is still calling once or twice a week about my "free" medical alert bracelet. The bracelet is free but the monthly cost is $39.95. Probably a call center in India.

If you tell them the vehicle is used for door to door competition that makes them stop. However if they do say they cover the vehicle even with door to door competition, pretend to be interested.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
If you tell them the vehicle is used for door to door competition that makes them stop. However if they do say they cover the vehicle even with door to door competition, pretend to be interested.

Never talked to them. Why waste time?

They're already on my list of people who will be first against the wall in the revolution.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by bdcardinal

Never talked to them. Why waste time?

They're already on my list of people who will be first against the wall in the revolution.

At home I never look at the caller ID. Yet they also somehow call me at work, on my direct line that I never give out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back