your experience with Lasik?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fiancee had it done about 10 years or so ago and she loves it. She does have to wear sunglasses outside when it's sunny because she does have some sensitivity to light.

We both went for a consultation at the same time and I chickened out after they told us all of the possible side effects to include your eyes being worse than before. Plus, I really couldn't afford it at the time. I think she paid around $2,500.

I had it done about 4 or 5 years ago. I’m very glad I had it done. The only issue I’ve ever had has been a little dryness of the eyes but I had that same issue with contact lenses. The procedure is quick and you have next to no recovery time. My vision was a little blurry for about a day then afterwards it was excellent. I have no regrets.

Originally Posted By: shokhead
Mono, one eye for reading and the other for distance.
Does this cause any problems with depth perception? Like for driving.

Again I'd advise to not say it lasted x years because that is totally misleading . More correctly you should be saying it lasted until I was 42 or 45 or the age at which you begin your journey from towards death.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng
Again I'd advise to not say it lasted x years because that is totally misleading . More correctly you should be saying it lasted until I was 42 or 45 or the age at which you begin your journey from towards death.

Not totally misleading but rather factual. If you had lasik in 2000 and you have to go back to glasses in 2015 then yes it lasted 15 years. True - your age plays part with normal eye degradation but still - there is a time frame. If you are younger you should get more years "eyeglass free" than if you are in your 40's. I understand this is splitting hairs, lol.

Heh Heh, Well Guys you did it again. Too far along the circle to sweat glasses free vision. I bought a pair of Art Craft wire frames. Thanks for the low down
grin2.gif

Last edited:
I think about it but then I read about it not lasting forever, complications, etc. So I've held off. If I did, I might opt to stay nearsighted--I've always been nearsighted, and I think I'd rather have perfect up close vision.

I was told that I have the start of a cataract so I suspect eventually I'll have something done, but I also suspect that holding off as long as possible is again best.

Per my previous explanation, that has some logic errors. Your eyes are going to go based on your age. Once your prescription stabilizes the sooner you get lasik, the longer you reap the benefits.

If you dont want to do it that's fine. But if you are holding off intending to reevaluate it for the future, the benefits get less and less, not greater. If you decide not to do it today, 3years from now its an worse deal.

Last edited:
No, not for me but golfers wouldn't get it. Reading and driving, zero problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back