XM Sirius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, had it for years - 2 vehicles - always update with a cheap promo …
Got them set up at the same time so they come due and we call to say 2 promos or nutting !

Originally Posted by SLO_Town

Also too, why is it that XM/Sirius has a business model where people have to negotiate a price for the SAME service? This fact alone is a major red flag that XM/Sirius is SCUM. Price negotiation is common for home and auto purchases, or for some professional services. But not for a service like XM. Contrast XM to Verizon. Verizon has a list of plans, each with their own price. Tehe plans and prices are right on Verizon's website. I pick and choose.

Scott

To be fair, DirecTV and Comcast do the same exact thing with their prices. Even AT&T tried getting me to switch plans (to a cheaper one with LESS data!!!!) even after telling them I'm going to another carrier that has unlimited data.

Originally Posted by coopns
Wonder how xm Sirius worked it's way and still does into cars and how many people use it? Must have paid a lot of money or car companies
get a kick back for every subscriber?

Find it a bit aggressive to have that as one of my listening choices...FM/AM/XM...and never going to activate it. Or to have a dedicated button on your dash for it.
Like what about Spotify or some other party?

I did enjoy the trial but with all the streaming music platforms can't see it being sustainable. Oh...I been wrong about a lot though...

Just chattin here...

I love it. Wont own a car without it. Color weather radar, etc.

Just buy 100 pay as you go Visa card at your local convince store, it won't be able to auto renew because there won't be funds on the card. There cancelled.

I think satellite radio is awesome..but I dropped the service earlier this year due to the rising cost. I can still technically afford it but I'm protesting. I do miss Stern and some other shows but I've got Amazon music now. It was actually a part of my Amazon service and I just didn't know it.

Originally Posted by stockrex
it is a scam,
I have a device with lifetime subscription, I have not used it in years,

So you have a lifetime membership (didn't know that was a thing) which you never use... and it's a still a "scam", weird.🤔

Worth every penny for the two cars I have it in. Always at the $30/6 rate. The royalty fees are skyrocketing, so the price is always increasing a little. I use the SXM app when in my work truck, so I'm getting my money's worth.

The irony is that I can pick up an FM station on nearly every position of the dial and terrestrial radio still disappoints. Local talk AM is fine once in awhile, but that's it.

We have it and use it -- terrestrial radio in the DC metro area is garbage for the most part -- and, like Verizon, you do have to play the "deal of the day" game with their reps occasionally. As others have said, it comes in handy when traveling out West, where terrestrial radio reception/content can be inconsistent in places. If and when it becomes a supreme PITA to keep it running, we'll reevaluate.

Once upon a Time high speed internet wasn't available on the cell phones so XM and Sirius were a solution to provide content choice consistently.

Now we have cheap high speed data around major interstates and urban areas so the need for satellite radio is not as acute.

I have no desire for it. I have had a few free trials and I listen to see if I want to subscribe. Still no for me. Unless you like Hip Hop/Rap there is very little programming that interests me. Even the few country channels are playing non-country music and the rock channels are iffy as well. My opinion.

Originally Posted by miden851
Originally Posted by A_User55555
It made more sense when it came out in the early 2000s. You'd have a bigger selection of music compared to the stations in your area.

Now with mobile internet, there really is no point in paying for it. Pretty much all smart phones have wireless internet. You can select music on your cellphone and play it in your car via bluetooth or AUX cable.

+1

and the sound quality is simply awful!

Typical attitude towards XM when you live in a part of the country where there is truly not any roads that are isolated and in the middle of no where.

I was one of the original Sirius subscribers back in 2002 and loved it till they merged with XM. They charge to much and it takes at least 30 minutes to cancel. Plus, I listened to the classic 70's and 80's hard rock stations and they seem to rotate the same mainstream songs from the era instead of the deeper tracks.

I have everything I need on my iPod so much like satellite TV , I see no need in paying for it.

I've only had XM for around 2yrs, but with it, I never toggle over to FM stations. I love the variety of music, news and talk shows available. After a free trial, then a low cost 6mo promotion, I called and 'negotiated' to $7.27/mo all-in for a year billed to a CC. I do like the idea above about using a pre-paid VISA card for this!

Originally Posted by miden851

+1

and the sound quality is simply awful!

I think it depends on the codecs your radio uses. In my 300, siriusXM sounds great, better than HD FM radio. But in my Durango and Grand Caravan with the older Uconnect system, it sounds significantly worse than FM.

We are in the boom docks so I enjoy it. Got it with our new truck. My subscription had ran out and the next day they called me at 6 am on a Saturday
mad.gif

Originally Posted by JTK
I've only had XM for around 2yrs, but with it, I never toggle over to FM stations. I love the variety of music, news and talk shows available. After a free trial, then a low cost 6mo promotion, I called and 'negotiated' to $7.27/mo all-in for a year billed to a CC. I do like the idea above about using a pre-paid VISA card for this!

The latest offer I've gotten was $99 for a year. I had Sirius, the 3 month trial, with the Buick Regal back in '14, with the BMW from March to May of this year, and am two months into the latest trial with the LaCrosse. And I'm enjoying the '80s-'90s country and old-style country channels, the 60s on 6 and 70s on 7. They do play tracks I don't hear anywhere else.

Still, the idea of *paying* for radio -- Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back