Would it be beneficial for longevity sake to add marvel mystery oil at each fill up to a 3k miles 2023 Honda CRV hybrid?

It has direct injection and I just want to aid in lubbing the pistons for lower mpg and longevity starting when new.

Last edited:
I actually just drove a CRV hybrid home from our used lot lol. The engine really only kicks in under moderate to heavier acceleration, otherwise just idles occasionally to charge the battery/run heat etc.

With it being a hybrid, I'd expect something else to fail long before having an engine problem.

If this product has any place, it is in the crankcase of old, worn, last legs cars of yesteryear. Take a hint from the posts.

No.

There’s nothing in a new car to “fix” so, don’t try. Pick a good oil. Change it regularly.
The "No" part of the answer is right. There is, however, a fuel dilution issue baked into this particular vehicle. The solution is frequent oil changes and adding in some longer runs here and there. Not MMO. I mean, what's in it? I don't know. It's a mystery.

Don't have mmo here but tcw3 works well for my old banger.

Would I put it in a 2023 car? Probably not...

I don't waste my money on additives other than an occasional bottle of fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank . Even then I wait until it's on sale . I got my first vehicle 50 yrs ago and I still haven't seen the need for any of that stuff . Have I just been lucky ? :geek:

Back