Worst Food You've Eaten Recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently ate at Chili's, not fast food, sit down restaurant. It was horrible! Chili's used to be really good! I would have rather eaten at Mcdonalds, and I don't even like Mcdonalds.

The next time you guys are a Walmart getting your cheap oil, try their chicken strips, its the only "fast" food the dogs and I eat. Yes, I said my dogs eat it too! they are spoiled.

A coworker of my wife recently gave her a Walnut Kolachi roll as a Christmas gift. A thick, gummy, bland bakery roll with ground up walnuts. Terrible!

Originally Posted By: KneeGrinder
I recently ate at Chili's, not fast food, sit down restaurant. It was horrible! Chili's used to be really good! I would have rather eaten at Mcdonalds, and I don't even like Mcdonalds.

The next time you guys are a Walmart getting your cheap oil, try their chicken strips, its the only "fast" food the dogs and I eat. Yes, I said my dogs eat it too! they are spoiled.

I feel the same way about Applebee's. Disgusting food. I've eaten at the place twice and BOTH times I seriously thought that I was going to throw up for some reason. Almost the same experience at Olive Garden.

I tried our Applebee's once. I felt like fish and chips, and thought that they should have a reasonable take on it. It was like eating doorstops and french fries. I wasn't happy.

I had the steak and cheese sandwich at Tim Horton's and it was awful. I was also ill later, which I surmise was related.

Not a great experience.

Went to a Greek place today. Ordered the lamb plate, nothing really wrong except it was cooked Mexican style. Not Greek at all - completely odd spices - for Greek. Pretty spicy with a decent amount of cumin and chili. My wife's gyros where fine.

Really gross around here, other than junk fast food that I don't eat are almost all "Thai" restaurants. Not even close, just garbage. I know Thai food.

Subway. It was so bad, the bread was doughy and the meat was mystery factory meat that had a weird texture when you bit and chewed it.

Then there's Burger King. Every time I eat there I want to throw up. A chicken sandwich was shrunken inside the breading, and I'm not kidding when I say the chicken was like eating an apple, it was crunchy like styrofoam! The time I had one before the texture was ok but it tasted like old fryer oil and was soaking wet. I work on the edge of Phoenix so there isn't a lot of choices.

My Mother was in a nursing home for some rehabilitation a few years ago. I tried to eat lunch with her and could not even down a bite. It was awful. We got her McDonalds daily until she was released.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Subway. It was so bad, the bread was doughy and the meat was mystery factory meat that had a weird texture when you bit and chewed it.

Then there's Burger King. Every time I eat there I want to throw up. A chicken sandwich was shrunken inside the breading, and I'm not kidding when I say the chicken was like eating an apple, it was crunchy like styrofoam! The time I had one before the texture was ok but it tasted like old fryer oil and was soaking wet. I work on the edge of Phoenix so there isn't a lot of choices.
Subway is on the outs. They have closed almost 1400 locations in the last two years.

Originally Posted By: car51
Canned SPAM

Reminds me of being laid off in the winter and poor when I was younger.

How about Kraft mac & cheese in the box and a can of tuna, poor mans casserole.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Subway is on the outs. They have closed almost 1400 locations in the last two years.
. 26,982 Subway stores in the U.S......2,630 Jimmy Johns in the U.S.

I have an Indian place I really like, generally get lamb curry. Tried the goat curry...greasy, fatty meat didn't do it for me.

Back to the lamb for me!

http://www.aapindiarestaurant.com/

I studiously avoid chain restaurants...TGIFs around here are closing, good riddance! The O'Charley's up the street smells like an outhouse in the bar area, I'll have a distilled beverage but won't eat there. Lots of gross "food" out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back