World Economic Collapse is imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak

To borrow an "antique" gem, gold is simply fiat currency, isn't it?

What?

I believe you mean that the USD is a "fiat" currency.
gold and silver are quite the opposite. After all why do you think it was stolen out of ft knox all those years ago, not to mention that when silver was removed en mass from US coinage in the late 1960s it just disappeared into thin air....or more likely was sucked up by some big noses.
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
If someone wants to give me a million dollars is cash or a million in gold, I'll take either. I'll PM you my mailing address, if you like, and you can wire me all your fiat money. If all currency were required to be backed by gold, you wouldn't be able to afford the gold plating on your stereo cables, much less anything else with gold.

What's your evidence that coinage taken out of circulation disappeared into thin air? With any luck, it was diverted to the CIA or NSA. After all, they should have first dibs to such things, since they are entitled to black budgets, and every little bit helps.

Originally Posted By: Garak

What's your evidence that coinage taken out of circulation disappeared into thin air?

Well where then did it go to? Please, we all want to know, after all it didn't get melted down and distributed back to the US citizenry in the form of new coins did it? We know that most dimes, quarters, half dollars, ect are made out of alloys not even copper with only a tiny layer of silver alloy on them to make them look more legit. LOL

We do know it must be somewhere?

Last edited:
It certainly wasn't put to commercial/industrial use like the Roosevelt Dimes that I sold for their scrap value some years ago.

No, it's far more likely that some unknown wealthy elites are hoarding an unknown amount.

Yeah. That's it.

Originally Posted By: 97K15004WD
maybe for this predicted event:

MIT Predicts That World Economy Will Collapse By 2030:

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/20...;obref=obinsite

Well the study is 43 years old. It depicted population as decreasing..no way.. I am guessing that Governments will collapse mostly due to the inability of leaders to do the things that are necessary to survive. In this country we spend our wealth taking care of people at the expense of fiscal solvency.

Unchecked immigration is already bringing down the curtain in this country. And political correctness prevents us from dealing with it. It will ultimately be "every man for himself"

Last edited:
Welcome to October! The past week has been disappointing, but it's time to update the scoreboard.

VTI* 10.051 shares
Original investment $980.50
Now $994.29

Gold, one ounce
Original investment $1140.49
Now $1113.63

*From now on, this will include reinvested quarterly dividends.

Weekly, quarterly, yearly results are essentially meaningless. Where is the scoreboard located so we can see the 10 and 20 year results?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hatt
Weekly, quarterly, yearly results are essentially meaningless. Where is the scoreboard located so we can see the 10 and 20 year results?

I'm afraid that I can't predict the future, although historical charts are easily searchable.

This is keeping track of 10 shares of VTI and one ounce of gold, purchased in August. I'll be updating until 2035 to compare my strategy of equities and reinvested dividends versus the gold panic investing. None of the conspiracy folks wanted to put the money where their mouth is, so I came up with this plan to compare strategies. It's discussed on prior pages after some folks without retirement savings of their own and no financial experience were telling us what to do with ours.

Had a 3 week vacation to NZ - did the world economy collapse yet?

Has a vowel been traded in for a clue yet?

Thanks to lucky timing, our vacation was discounted a good 20%, as the USD grew stronger over the last year. I should have just bought gold and ammo, though, right?

The idiotic comments by conspiracy doomsdayers are so out there, I feel they must be trolling, but sadly many people actually believe in this shtuff.

33.gif

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Bandito,

Made all BITOG members post a screenshot of their investment balance in a separate thread ???

Are you suggesting that we should all post our retirement info? That general discussion did well, but I don't think most folks will post screenshots.

After the (imminent?) collapse, we probably won't have electricity to power our computers anyhow. What will do without BITOG?

Sorry, I just realized your hypothetical VTI shares and ounce of gold.

Walmart announced 450 layoffs at Corporate Office today. Is the end near?

Sorry, I just realized your hypothetical VTI shares and ounce of gold.

I did purchase 10 more shares of VTI back in August, so I'm comparing that to a theoretical ounce of gold that the others suggested I should use to shelter myself from the end of days. I have a total of 55 shares in a regular brokerage account.

I think so.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440

I think so.

The end of a terrible shopping experience.

Mr Nice - Thank you for not posting the job cuts site again.

LOL. When I post that web link its to show economy is not doing great. Caterpillar announced 10,000 layoffs a week ago. We need China to have a strong economy.

Mr Nice - Each month we net more jobs than the month before, so even though some companies are shedding jobs many others are creating jobs. Even in a great economy, this happens.

All economic indicators point to the economy in this country doing pretty good.

It sounds like you are doing well and your retirement accounts are doing extremely well. Everyone I know is working and doing good...I have no complaints about the economy, and it doesn't sound like you should either.

Hmm, did you even hear the same jobs report I did this AM.

Even the talking head on NPR, the Diane Rehm show, were saying that any growth is anemic at best.

No discussion of the labor participation rate, at it's lowest level since 1977.

If this is your definition of "pretty good" I'd hate to live in what you would call a mediocre economy.

Relative to other parts of the world, yeah, pretty good. Relative to what we've seen before in the US, not so hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back