Words I heard today.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Watching a guy today talking about the Civil War. He kept calling it the Silver War..
Claimed to be a historian.

A "live concert" A doctor said this vitamin will help you live longer. He said live like the concert phrase above. I never heard that before. Weird.

I'm no wordsmith and not talking about spelling just words said that hit you wrong.

I just found this ... Live and learn...just like the concert 😍

Screenshot_20230830-121306~2.jpg

A lot of people cannot spell, and spell check only helps if you’re already close. It won’t correct grammatical errors or incorrect words. As the world becomes more reliant on technology for writing, this won’t get better. Mispronunciation and misspelling will get worse.

A lot of people cannot spell, and spell check only helps if you’re already close. It won’t correct grammatical errors or incorrect words. As the world becomes more reliant on technology for writing, this won’t get better. Mispronunciation and misspelling will get worse.
You can add syntax, or the lack thereof, to that list.

"Hello Silver", said a guy at work when presented with the opportunity to mount a model horse.

I was wearing a super graphic sweater which featured the Scandinavian countries in bold, primary colors.
A girl at work asked, "Is that Vietnam?"

Don't conclude I feel superior.
They'd have to double my points for correct answers and eliminate the penalty for wrong ones to get me on Jeopardy.

It seems that the 3 'R's (and spelling is part of the first 2) is not important in schools anymore....just like American history. However, 'Sociology' is very important in modern American schools.

Back