Wix Customer Service Efficiency/micron ratings

So, I completed an on-line request, via Wix website for the micron/efficiency ratings for the XP 51334?
See here something interesting about "micron ratings":

Stating a micron rating without an efficiency is misleading.
Nominal Micron Rating expresses the ability of the filter to capture particles of a specified size in microns at an efficiency of 50%.
Absolute Micron Rating describes filter performance that is capable of removing at least 98.7% of a specific size particle.

That's where marketing works and sometimes plays with what efficiency number they choose to show.
Passenger car and light-duty truck oil filters typically have an absolute micron rating in the range of 25-30 microns.

For oil filter data, try this:
http://oilfilterdata.com/index.php?view=filter_info&model=51334XP

See here something interesting about "micron ratings":

Stating a micron rating without an efficiency is misleading.
Nominal Micron Rating expresses the ability of the filter to capture particles of a specified size in microns at an efficiency of 50%.
Absolute Micron Rating describes filter performance that is capable of removing at least 98.7% of a specific size particle.

That's where marketing works and sometimes plays with what efficiency number they choose to show.
Passenger car and light-duty truck oil filters typically have an absolute micron rating in the range of 25-30 microns.

For oil filter data, try this:
http://oilfilterdata.com/index.php?view=filter_info&model=51334XP
Where are the appropriate (non-misleading) efficiency ratings in that link?

The WIX XP filters are designed for longer service intervals -- they last longer but their efficiency is not always better. Sometimes an extended performance filter has higher efficiency than the standard counterpart, sometimes not. Depends on the filter. After doing research, I concluded that the standard WIX filter is better for me and my vehicles than the WIX XP. Sorry for contributing to an old thread but sometimes I cannot help myself.

I'd say the only BS going on is a filter manufacture who claims the efficiency on their filters is "proprietary" information. 😂

Regardless of all the BS here I use them with confidence. NAPA/Wix (y)

I like Napa/Wix too... The Napa Gold 57356 on my car is a very good filter.

Can't never find that "supposed" twice a year sale on them ever. It must be a secret word or handshake in my area Napa stores... And I obviously don't know the word or the handshake actions/sequence. Ohh well. . Win some lose some :)

I like Napa/Wix too... The Napa Gold 57356 on my car is a very good filter.

Can't never find that "supposed" twice a year sale on them ever. It must be a secret word or handshake in my area Napa stores...
Just like the XP secret efficiency ... :unsure::LOL:

Nope they're customer service stated previously the Wix standard and Napa Gold are their premium filter and that the XP are not.

FWIW Gold is more valuable than Platinum and perhaps the Wix representative was thinking in those terms, like:

Napa Gold > Napa Platinum 🤔

I buy the Wix XP based on build quality rather than efficiency. I figure if they went through all that trouble to build a filter that holds up as well as it does, it must be able to catch a couple of particles of dirt.

While I agree that the Wix XP is an incredibly well built product I don't recall seeing any standard Wix or Napa Gold filters that were not incredibly well built. I think we get our money's worth either way 👍

Just like the XP secret efficiency ... :unsure::LOL:
Didn’t we determine it was way up there but only at a 30 cut …?
Also, IIRC the PRV was a leaker in the bubble point test …
All XP’s that I cut open looked solid… but ^^^

People could be a bit more objective on these subjects rather than defend “my stuff” …

There's a reason why they don't say, Because they suck for being a synthetic wire back media filter compared to others.

its a shame because they are a well build filter.

Back