Wix 51085 by Mann - stickered and noted

Thought I did my homework - Amazon Wix cheaper today than Napa, ordered and on the the porch.

Mann relabeled, and added a note, and said production hangups, same application....
I thought I was buying the better valve material.
Work day truck, doesn't run often....
So this one has white material, could be silicon-ish.

Whadda' ya' think?

It was 51085 -old people!

Last edited:
That wouldn't be a surprise given all the production issues going on now, and Mann has been consolidating some filters and reboxing them for Wix.

For example, the 51334 was the Mann W811/80 for awhile (OE Hyundai/Kia filter, Mann is the OE supplier). The white ADBV Mann filters are very good :)

At least they didn't give you a Purolator!

It reads like you got a Euro Mann OF which use white-ish adbv, and in all likelihood silicone. They also have unique four hole inlet design, but without pics of topic that's speculation my part. In any case, I'd say it's fine to use and will get the job done.

As for OT mention of 5/1334, for awhile M&H consolidated that application to same coo as Hyun/Kia oem(same application size) made by Mann. Based on comments, most seemed satisfied with the OF. Most recent pics show it back to Wix US production.

Last edited:
Sayjac was exactly right, white, 4 holes, and about 80 angles, at 2 levels, neither of which fit my 20 year old filter socket with say 10-16 angles.
Sooooo - I don't feel the "application" is the same of the tools I bought don't fit!

Sayjac was exactly right, white, 4 holes, and about 80 angles, at 2 levels, neither of which fit my 20 year old filter socket with say 10-16 angles.
Sooooo - I don't feel the "application" is the same of the tools I bought don't fit!
I've seen the same filter number go though changes in the dome end flute design many times. End caps that use to fit no longer did. I must have at least 10 different filter end cap tools because of that.

Agreeing with Z, the fact that the "tools" (cap wrench?) required not identical to 5/1085 doesn't necessarily mean it's not the "appropriate" application. Often between different brands of same application, different cap wrenches are required for the filters.

So while flutes may be different, just a manufacturer can design preference/choice. My "speculation" sight unseen, likely the correct application, just Euro Mann filter for application.

It reads like you got a Euro Mann OF which use white-ish adbv, and in all likelihood silicone. They also have unique four hole inlet design, but without pics of topic that's speculation my part. In any case, I'd say it's fine to use and will get the job done.

As for OT mention of 5/1334, for awhile M&H consolidated that application to same coo as Hyun/Kia oem(same application size) made by Mann. Based on comments, most seemed satisfied with the OF. Most recent pics show it back to Wix US production.

I came here to say the same exact thing. I was wondering if anybody can definitively say if this is a better filter than the Wix. I was a little disappointed when I saw mine got swapped as well, since I've heard Wix is pretty much the gold standard.

I'm attaching some pics, as it sounds like it may be helpful. Should I keep this filter, or return it and try my luck finding a genuine Wix at O'Reilly's?

Attachments

• 20210810_155242.jpg
    20210810_155242.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210810_155250.jpg
    20210810_155250.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 20210810_155259.jpg
    20210810_155259.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210810_155321.jpg
    20210810_155321.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20210810_155354.jpg
    20210810_155354.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 48
I came here to say the same exact thing. I was wondering if anybody can definitively say if this is a better filter than the Wix. I was a little disappointed when I saw mine got swapped as well, since I've heard Wix is pretty much the gold standard.

I'm attaching some pics, as it sounds like it may be helpful. Should I keep this filter, or return it and try my luck finding a genuine Wix at O'Reilly's?
Keep it. Free upgrade.

Back