Will fuel injector cleaner mess up oil analysis results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtd

I had to put some Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner in my gas tank to try and cure a hesitation problem. I'm due for my next 3,000 mile oil change in about 300 miles.

Will this stuff throw off my next oil analysis results?

The only item that it might reduce is the NOx reading.

Otherwise, its just a deposit solvent in a light oil.

Maybe Terry has can shed some light on its effect wrt oil analyis.

quote:

Originally posted by wtd:
I had to put some Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner in my gas tank to try and cure a hesitation problem. I'm due for my next 3,000 mile oil change in about 300 miles.

Will this stuff throw off my next oil analysis results?

It should't affect it at all. I have been using Amsoil PI which is similar to Techron, I use it all the time and I don't notice anything on my analysis!

What about using GM Top Engine Cleaner. I used this stuff today to try and get rid of the carbon down inside the intake. Will this stuff affect an oil analysis?

Wayne

I see the strangest variations with differing additives. The consumer kit we sell will show elevated soft metals,vis shearing if dilution is excessive. Decreased nitration if the treatment actually cleans the fuel delivery system. They can help increase the solvency affect that has been degraded in our poor gasoline fuels of late.This could increase oxidation and reduce solids,help keep the oil thinned slightly.

Terry,
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just see what my results will be with all of this stuff I've used.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back