why no supertech in walmart oil change specials?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people had any idea how easy it is to damage an engine with an oil change, they wouldn't have somebody else change it.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
If people had any idea how easy it is to damage an engine with an oil change, they wouldn't have somebody else change it.

the only easier way to damage an engine is to skip the oil change completely, thus a wm $20 oil change isn’t completely wrong for non-diy drivers. that said i would go midweek in the morning when the wm techs may be more dialed in.

i wish that i could change oil myself but those days are done. my daily vw has been dealer serviced every 10k miles per owner’s manual, as it was under cpo 60k warranty, until 2k miles ago. i will probably continue with 10k dealer service as it has been good.

my snowbird toyota gets generic sub $25, 3k mile/18 mo interval oil changes, hence my original question about wm supertech. in the end wm”s $20 qs green bottle special should be ok unless i can find a semisyn elsewhere for just a few bucks more.

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: PimTac
A voa of WalMarts QS oil would be interesting to see. I’d imagine SOPUS blends it specific for WM due to the cost. Probably not your father’s Quaker State.

I’m sorry sir, I’m going to have to respectfully call b.s. on this one. I can’t imagine a oil company catering to Wal Marts desires

Not saying that they do or do not blend a special oil, but

I think you underestimate the buying power of Walmart.

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: PimTac
A voa of WalMarts QS oil would be interesting to see. I’d imagine SOPUS blends it specific for WM due to the cost. Probably not your father’s Quaker State.

I’m sorry sir, I’m going to have to respectfully call b.s. on this one. I can’t imagine a oil company catering to Wal Marts desires

Well Adam that could happen but frankly it would have to be a win, win for both of them economically without the Oil company putting its brand name at risk. So I agree not likely but possible.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

I don't believe this statement (good humor trolling) helps those that cannot DIY for various reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back