Why is Wal-Mart so much cheaper on oil vs Napa etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I haven't purchased oil at WM for a while...All the sales elsewhere make it a better deal to stockpile. Although that Q Torque Power wasn't a terrible clearance deal.

Q: Why is Wal-Mart so much cheaper on oil vs Napa etc?
A: 1) Because Napa is gouging, and 2) no, they are not cheaper when there is a sales in Kragen/Pepboys/etc.

It is Chinese conspiracy, yes sir, the Chinese wants us to perform unnecessary oil changes with cheap American oil/distillates. The Chinese are subsidizing the darn oil at Wally’s. it is their way to make us into these stingy bastages who refuse to pay regular American prices at autozone etc. what next Chicken feet soup at McDonalds?
;-)

Is the M1 and PP at wally in the 5qt jugs really sub-par quality compare to if I bought it at AAP??? That thought has crossed my mind, and being they have special "wal-mart" containers.... that's scary.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 4x4taco
Is the M1 and PP at wally in the 5qt jugs really sub-par quality compare to if I bought it at AAP??? That thought has crossed my mind, and being they have special "wal-mart" containers.... that's scary.

Don't be scared. Everything will be OK. M1 at WM in the jug is the same oil that you can buy at any Mobil gas station, AAP, or AZ.

Originally Posted By: tig1

Don't be scared. Everything will be OK. M1 at WM in the jug is the same oil that you can buy at any Mobil gas station, AAP, or AZ.
So how are the benefits over at Wal-Mart?
grin2.gif
56.gif

Originally Posted By: Julian
Originally Posted By: tig1

So how are the benefits over at Wal-Mart?
grin2.gif
56.gif

Great! $7.50 an hour, 10% discount on M1 oils, lifes great.

LOL. Like I said moderation is the key. I think most people are probly buying close to 100% of thier stuff from wally. if people cut down to 50% you'd see a big difference. Like I said I'm down to less than 1% at wally. Oil, Ammo (when they have it) and some misc hunting/outdoors items. The rest of the stuff doesn't appeal to me. save 5 cents on a tooth brush, still rather go to Target and not get [censored] off, and wait in line for 1hr to save that 5 cents.

Wal-Mart appeals to me b/c it's practically one-stop. It's much easier to grab oil or filters when your in the middle of picking up everything else than it is to make special trips. That being said, probably 70-80% of my stashed oil did NOT come from Wal-Mart, rather it was from sales and clearances elsewhere. But I find myself in a situation where almost all of my stash oils are heavier than I need for my vehicles now, so I've pretty much bought new oil for most of my oil changes since Feb. In light of the guilt I feel over buying MORE oil when I already have so much, picking up a $12 5 qt jug of dino at Wal-Mart eases my mind a tad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back