Why Honda CR-V Won 2015 Motortrend SUV of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by skyactiv
The Chevy Citation also made Motor Trend Car Of The Year.

Granted, the competition was pretty weak as everyone produced junk back then.

Was that before they discovered the morning sickness?

Honda bought the most ad space for the year?
Opinions vary, but I personally think that everyone seriously looking at either a CRV or a RAV should go and drive a Forester.
You probably can't get as good a deal on one as you can on the volume leading Toy and Honda, but it is a more pleasant daily driver for any wife in every way.

Mazda Navajo won in '91...put Japanese badge on first gen Explorer = all your base are belong to us.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by fdcg27
Honda bought the most ad space for the year?
Opinions vary, but I personally think that everyone seriously looking at either a CRV or a RAV should go and drive a Forester.
You probably can't get as good a deal on one as you can on the volume leading Toy and Honda, but it is a more pleasant daily driver for any wife in every way.

Can't go wrong with a Subie. People love 'em.
The Mazdas are really nice as well.
Lotta good choices out there.
It will be interesting to see what happens when the Tesla Model Y comes out; up against stiff competition.
More choices will only be good for the consumer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by edyvw
Older AWD on Honda's are notoriously ineffective. These current ones are better, but nothing special.

The current CRV is fine, as long as you avoid the 1.5T, since it is prone to fuel dilution. Makes VW/Audi 2.0T FSI fuel dilution look good in comparison.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Older AWD on Honda's are notoriously ineffective. These current ones are better, but nothing special.

I must say, looks better than CX5.

Originally Posted by UG_Passat
The current CRV is fine, as long as you avoid the 1.5T, since it is prone to fuel dilution. Makes VW/Audi 2.0T FSI fuel dilution look good in comparison.

And that would be VW EA113.
I said this before. It is amazing how these manufacturers like Honda or Ford, have these dilution issues at this level, after VW went through it some 15years ago.

Originally Posted by Ws6

I must say, looks better than CX5.

I find it funny that you accuse me of being jealous of others, when you can't help but go out of your way to attack my vehicle brand/model. In my field, this is what we would call "projection".

For point of reference on projection, tune in to cable news
cool.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
cool.gif

I actually dont own a TV, or do Hulu or Netflix or any equivalent. As to the news, watch CNN, then watch Fox. Note how the same event is narrated completely opposite. About the only thing worth watching anymore is the Mexican weather stations, in the news dept.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by 4WD
cool.gif

I actually dont own a TV, or do Hulu or Netflix or any equivalent. As to the news, watch CNN, then watch Fox. Note how the same event is narrated completely opposite. About the only thing worth watching anymore is the Mexican weather stations, in the news dept.

We know that, you are pumping iron.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by 4WD
cool.gif

Ironically just got to the gym, lol!

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by 4WD
cool.gif

Ironically just got to the gym, lol!

Enjoy those cooled seats on the way home lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back